Hacking Prodinfo.bin

p4rma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using my switch yesterday and enabled incognito. After this I went into kosmos toolbox and enabled some kips, after restarting the switch would hang at the Nintendo Switch logo but official firmware was fine.

I stupidly formatted the microsd card which had my Prodinfo.bin file, I've tried to restore my card but the file could not be recovered. This is my backup switch and to be honest it was banned but it was a total schoolboy error.

Anyway I have two questions;
1) why does my switch hang after enabling kips and restarting
2) can I replace my Prodinfo.bin with another consoles info?
3) does anyone have a prodinfo.bin of a switch that they no longer have or is banned or even bricked as I'd like to try it out.

Oh and just so you know I didn't have a nand backup and only took this afterwards.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) does anyone have a prodinfo.bin of a switch that they no longer have or is banned or even bricked as I'd like to try it out.
1.- Not sure about this one.
2. No.
3. It wont work as far as im aware.

p4rma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole idea of that was to not get you banned, if you are banned, then there is no need of that, just keep a NAND backup alway safe.
OK cool thanks, I bought it knowing it was a banned switch, I have my main one which is unbanned and I have all the backups lol. Subsequently I've backed up my nand on the banned switch, thank you.

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was using my switch yesterday and enabled incognito. After this I went into kosmos toolbox and enabled some kips, after restarting the switch would hang at the Nintendo Switch logo but official firmware was fine.

I stupidly formatted the microsd card which had my Prodinfo.bin file, I've tried to restore my card but the file could not be recovered. This is my backup switch and to be honest it was banned but it was a total schoolboy error.

Anyway I have two questions;

Oh and just so you know I didn't have a nand backup and only took this afterwards.
i could be mistaken but i think you can only have a limited number of kips enabled at a time.
no.
no

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.