NULL

problems with wiimmfi

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Hombrie, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Hombrie
    OP

Hombrie Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Brazil
    i tried to connect to warioware diy and mario kart ds on my 3ds xl and my dsi xl but they just say it's error code 51200. anyu help is appreciated

2. am714

am714 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    Italy
    Problem with your internet configuration settings SLOT 1. Just FYI ds games supports only wep wifo security if you did not know

Last edited by am714, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Hombrie
    OP

Hombrie Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    Brazil
    i've tried connecting with my phone hotspot but it doesn't work

4. am714

am714 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    Italy
    Have you setted it to to security and tried? Since phone's hotspot do NOT have WEP

(Check if Only Allowed Devices is enabled, if yes allow your 3ds xl MAC)

Correction: 5120x is related to connection issues to the wifi so the problem is by the phone side

Last edited by am714, Jun 4, 2019
  5. TechMaster04

TechMaster04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    Canada
    Try to set your phone's hotspot to "open" so it has no password. Then connect your DSes to that network. As am714 said, DS games only support WEP security (Essentially the encryption level of the network), and modern smartphones don't allow you to set up a hotspot with that security (Due to it's terrible encryption and old age).

am714 likes this.
  6. am714

am714 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2018
    Italy
    Having WEP as security is the most dumb thing unless you have MAC filtering... because it literally takes less than 10 minutes to find the password

EDIT: There is something I don't fu**ing get.. Why the WiFi connectivity in ds games is limited by the software and not by the actual hardware of the console?

Last edited by am714, Jun 12, 2019