Hacking Problems with Trucha Bug Restorer

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I installed the HBC a while ago and have been having a problem where i cannot access the system settings - i just got a black screen.

I already have the HBC installed and BootMii on boot2. I have a NAND backup as things stand with no access to the wii settings menu.

I tried to follow 'Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod' but my wii hangs on the step below. 1a goes fine but wii crashes when i press A on step 1b.

I am on 3.2E

Any help/advice would be greatly received. I have spent a few days reading and trying various things but to no avail.

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.

Thanks

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue ,
The only way it worked for me was to turn off Wii after step 1A , and then after turning it back on, continue directly from step 1B.
Do not try to use 1B inmediatly after 1A.

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I've just tried running part 1b from a different SD card and still having the same problem where the wii hangs.

The crash seems to brick the wii as i have to restore the nand to get back into the wii menu as on reboot the wii sends no picture to the TV unless i boot using bootmii

ok... so looks like the wii is bricked now. I have restored the NAND backup i had but it still wont let me into the Wii Menu or HBC.

As i said i have bootmii intsalled so i will try some of the unbricking solutions but the one i tried last night said 'unable to load IOS'?

I am going to get a new SD card today to try with a different card as I am now not convinced that the ones i have are reliable.

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have got the NAND restored now but the wii seems a little unstable - it occasionally hangs on the boot up screen. but can get into HBC via BootMii fine.

I did open a WAD manager to install the two wads for the 3.2 system menu again but Wad Manager 1.5 crashed giving a DSI error when i selecting to install using IOS249. Would that mean that IOS249 is corrupt in some way?

Any ideas on how I should progress?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know someone who had this issue, I told him 15,000 times to get TBR v1.1, he said he had it. On the 15,001 time, he tells me he got it to work by using TBR v1.1 instead of 1.0. I told him no further contact.

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok got TBR 1.1. is the process just the same as before?

ok .. the readme says i need different wad files - which i will get from NUS downloader.

Am i okay to be running HBC through Bootmii when doing this?

gamecat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried doing the first to steps again using TBR1.1 but still it hangs when i press A.

I am trying this with a new 2GB Sandisk SD card.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
I know someone who had this issue, I told him 15,000 times to get TBR v1.1, he said he had it. On the 15,001 time, he tells me he got it to work by using TBR v1.1 instead of 1.0. I told him no further contact.

I've got TBR 1.1 and when trying to restore I keep getting the DSI error and code dump. On 4.2.
what to do to fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over