Hacking Problems with the lightness adjustment?

dazinith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am running 1.05, and according to the R4 website (http://www.r4ds.net/product.htm) I should be able to tap on the sun from the game launching screen to adjust the brightness, but every time i try it just launches the game.. ive tried it numerous times now with no success.. this wasn't an issue i had noticed in the last week until i noticed today that my viewable angle was really bad (because it is set so bright), and now that i want to adjust it i cant..

i've tried to just remove the r4 and adjust the screen in the DS OS, but when rebooting with the R4 the screen goes back to the brightness set on the R4..

anyone else able to adjust their brightness via the sun, got any tips for me?

thanks to anyone who can help..

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am running 1.05, and according to the R4 website (http://www.r4ds.net/product.htm) I should be able to tap on the sun from the game launching screen to adjust the brightness, but every time i try it just launches the game.. ive tried it numerous times now with no success.. this wasn't an issue i had noticed in the last week until i noticed today that my viewable angle was really bad (because it is set so bright), and now that i want to adjust it i cant..

i've tried to just remove the r4 and adjust the screen in the DS OS, but when rebooting with the R4 the screen goes back to the brightness set on the R4..

anyone else able to adjust their brightness via the sun, got any tips for me?

thanks to anyone who can help..
Same exact thing happens to me. Hasn't worked for me since they "implemented" it.

dazinith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it works for me though
at the game selection screen right?

worked for me since the beginning

your running the english version of 1.05? and you just click on the center of the sun?

hrm..

i never installed 1.04, just grabbed 1.05 right off the web.. maybe my stylus calibration is off or something?

anyone else?

edit:

i calibrated my stylus, didnt help.. i setup redundant folders so i could just continually try to hit the sun, tried it about 30+ times and could never get the brightness to change.. so its not that im not hitting it, it just doesnt do anything.. hrm.

ym2kmobile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
infinitycreation.cjb.net
XP
Country
Senegal
I suggest you try delete all system files on your R4. Maybe format your SD card (backup your saves) and fresh copy 1.05 firmware to your SD card. I am thinking maybe your firmware setting maybe corrupted. R4 save your brightness setting somewhere. I do not have my R4 with me right now so i cannot check now.

dazinith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you try delete all system files on your R4. Maybe format your SD card (backup your saves) and fresh copy 1.05 firmware to your SD card. I am thinking maybe your firmware setting maybe corrupted. R4 save your brightness setting somewhere. I do not have my R4 with me right now so i cannot check now.

i will give that a whirl tomorrow night and let you know, thanks for the suggestion

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No flashme, NDS Lite, icon shows up as orange, tried multiple times to format and replace the firmware, made sure I downloaded the firmware from a reliable source (tried a couple different sources even). Never got it working once
tongue.gif
Not a big deal to me, was just kinda curious ;o

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
It works on the first screen where you choose between games, multimedia and slot-2, once you've gone into "games" pressing anywhere on the touchscreen does the same as pressing A.

For me, anyway.

EDIT: Actually I'm talking rubbish, it works for me anyway and there isn't a sun on the first screen.

fony

Trophies
XP
Country
hi to all, my girls have both got DS not light and i didnt use the disk that came with the R4DS i just put the update one from the site and the sun on theres is not gray its orange and it works ok.im using 1GB sandisk and i didnt format windows picked it up and i just put what games the girls wanted on and the updated one which is 1.05.had no probs with the R4DS or the light and i got two one each.

darkzagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem as well... it works ok in the beginning but after that, i can't tweaked the birghtness

But after i try tapping the centre icon (sorry forgotten what's the name after the GAMES icon), you can actually control the brightness by pressing and L & R. try it!

So after quitting the control panel (btw gurus R4, anyway of quitting besides turning ON and OFF here?) I can control the Brightness at the GAMES icon. Weird but it works ONLY for a short period of time.
Is it firmware problem here or I really should re-format the Micro SD card again?

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, for anyone who can't adjust the darkness, try following these steps.

Browse your shell directory and look for global.ini

Open in notepad

Search the file (Ctrl+f on windows) for bright

Change it to your desired setting (Default: NDSLiteDefaultBrightness=4)

On a side note, I can't change the clock to a 24h clock for some reason. Anyone else have any more info on that?

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, for anyone who can't adjust the darkness, try following these steps.

Browse your shell directory and look for global.ini

Open in notepad

Search the file (Ctrl+f on windows) for bright

Change it to your desired setting (Default: NDSLiteDefaultBrightness=4)

On a side note, I can't change the clock to a 24h clock for some reason. Anyone else have any more info on that?
Not sure how or why that would work since that's the .ini for moonshell. :/

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Format your R4, and then boot your DS without your R4 and adjust brightness to your liking, then put the R4 back in the DS and dont mess with the brightness setting from there again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok