Hacking Problems with R4 SDHC dual core "NEW" + R4i3D Firmware/Kernel on DS Lite / DSi

taquipariu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey people!

I have read several forums posts searching for my problems, but I could not solve my issues...

I just bought 3 used DS (2 DSi and a 1 DS Lite) for me and my two kids.

The DS Lite came with a Acekard 2i, which I easily managed to make it work by downloading the Firmware/Kernel and installing, although I could not play any GBA roms from the "gba" directory on Twilight Menu++ ".nds", being the nds file on the root of the micro SD card - but I can play Master System and Super Nintendo, from the directory selection on Twilight. The GBA roms are named ".gba". By the way, I added the "bios.bin" file to the root directory of the SD.

I tried installing excessive Firmware/Kernel on the white R4 (more than 20 different ones), and it does not seem to work. Giving the "Menu?" red message.

Next, I tried "fixing" the R4i3D with 2 different firmwares/kernel, unsuccessfully, Giving the "? Menu" blue message.

I even tried with different SD cards on both cases, but I really lost account of which I tried with one or other SD card. Both formatted on FAT32 - Panasonic Formatter.

Would you please help me? I have nowhere to go, since those are both non-majorital abandoned "R4" cards...

Thanks in advance.

R4 White New Cartridge.jpeg R4 White New Error.jpeg Not solved yet!

R4i3D Cartridge.jpg R4i3D Error.jpg This one was solved with this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XB4cERgOqVS4PDmFwsRkNzbVUQF3zN-F/view

Last edited by taquipariu,
Reactions: Zense

taquipariu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey people!

I have read several forums posts searching for my problems, but I could not solve my issues...

I just bought 3 used DS (2 DSi and a 1 DS Lite) for me and my two kids.

The DS Lite came with a Acekard 2i, which I easily managed to make it work by downloading the Firmware/Kernel and installing, although I could not play any GBA roms from the "gba" directory on Twilight Menu++ ".nds", being the nds file on the root of the micro SD card - but I can play Master System and Super Nintendo, from the directory selection on Twilight. The GBA roms are named ".gba". By the way, I added the "bios.bin" file to the root directory of the SD.

I tried installing excessive Firmware/Kernel on the white R4 (more than 20 different ones), and it does not seem to work. Giving the "Menu?" red message.

Next, I tried "fixing" the R4i3D with 2 different firmwares/kernel, unsuccessfully, Giving the "? Menu" blue message.

I even tried with different SD cards on both cases, but I really lost account of which I tried with one or other SD card. Both formatted on FAT32 - Panasonic Formatter.

Would you please help me? I have nowhere to go, since those are both non-majorital abandoned "R4" cards...

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 200966 View attachment 200967

View attachment 200968 View attachment 200969

I can´t even know if the kernel I am downloading is right, since some sites call it fake and stopped selling it...

So... I don´t know which Wood version or Moonshell will it work on each (or if it will work), please help me...

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

taquipariu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you checked out these sites?
Had to hide the link, since I am a Newbie

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, I could find several that could match, some I could test on both R4 cards, but the vast majority doesn´t work anymore, or the file was hosted on filetrip or isn´t available anymore... or did not work...

Had to hide the link, since I am a Newbie

And yes, number 11.

The problem, I think, is that mine is a clone of the selected one... It shows website r4isdhc cc (not com).

Some sites flag it as a fake of this one, did not work...

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the advice!

Yes, I could find several that could match, some I could test on both R4 cards, but the vast majority doesn´t work anymore, or the file was hosted on filetrip or isn´t available anymore... or did not work...

And yes, number 11.

The problem, I think, is that mine is a clone of the selected one... It shows website r4isdhc cc (not com).

Some sites flag it as a fake of this one, did not work...
Yeah they might be clones but it should still be able to run the right firmware, I figure. I believe there's a thread here with lots of info about firmwares, like a database but I can't find it sadly. Hopefully someone who's a bit more knowledgeable on this will chime in.

This site has a lot of stuff as well btw. Check that one out:

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: taquipariu

taquipariu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah they might be clones but it should still be able to run the right firmware, I figure. I believe there's a thread here with lots of info about firmwares, like a database but I can't find it sadly. Hopefully someone who's a bit more knowledgeable on this will chime in.

This site has a lot of stuff as well btw. Check that one out:

Thanks for the effort on helping me.

Could not find any on the list that suited my R4 models...

I even find it hard to believe that they were obscure models!

But... I managed to make the R4i3D "boot"!

Found it in the comments of a Youtube video comment: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XB4cERgOqVS4PDmFwsRkNzbVUQF3zN-F/view

But I continue my search for the R4 SDHC New Dual-Core kernel...

Last edited by taquipariu,
Reactions: Zense

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello, I know it's been a while, but I solved mine with this firmware, hope it helps.
link
View attachment 300907
Just download YSMenu from https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/, extract the DSTTi-Clone YSmenu folder contents to your SD root, make a copy of TTMenu.dat and rename it to R4i.3DS.

There's a ton of extra junk in your download that is not necessary at all. Also I can't tell if it's up to date or not, but my instructions should fix that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn