doesntmatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ahoi freinds,

I installed the HBC about a week ago on my Wii running 4.3U and have been using many different apps on it without issue. Yesterday I decided that it would be cool to be able to back up my wii games, so I downloaded ModMii and followed the instructions.

1. patch IOS36 "successful"

2. install other IOSs "successful"

3. install 4.1E.v65535wad. " successful"

After that I opened priiloader to atempt the final step but wasn't able to navigate it once open.

Going back to the HBC now, I see that it is upside down and mirrored, also I seem to have only partial wiimote functionality with some of my apps, and I get a message when openeing apps that changes in IOS may have effected their performance.

I have my NAND data saved from before, but I have Bootmii running as an IOS and can't seem to get past the first screen in the Hackmii installer to change that (due to limited wiimote functionality)

Is this because I didn't finish the instructions and install priiloader? Is there someway I cant reset my IOSs to what they were before?

plz hlp 4 I iz eh noob

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
I downloaded ModMii and followed the instructions.

1. patch IOS36 "successful"

2. install other IOSs "successful"

3. install 4.1E.v65535wad. " successful"
Please tell me where you read that in ModMii instructions (I ask because there's no way ModMii told you to patch IOS36).

You're problem can be solved by repeating the ModMii Wizard and following ALL the steps. Or, if u want an inferior softmod and simply want to fix the HBC problem, use ModMii's hackmii solutions guide. It will get you to install IOS58 then reinstall the HBC (this time it will be installed to a non-patched IOS58).

Also, ModMii's guide would have told you this already but u obviously didn't read it. You cannot navigate the bootmii menu with the wiimote, you need to either use the power\reset buttons or a gamecube controller

doesntmatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"Please tell me where you read that in ModMii instructions (I ask because there's no way ModMii told you to patch IOS36)."

@XFlak

I looked again at the instructions and the first step (after unzipping and adding files to the SD card) is to open YAWMM and use it to "install a patched IOS36", it is in the PDF that came with the download, and was the first option on the screen when i ran YAWMM.

Also, it is not the Bootmii menu that I wasn't able to navigate, it was the priiloader menu (the last step in the ModMii instructions), I realize how to navigate the BootMii menu and do actually read all of the readme files carefully. I am, however, not an expert and come accross problems quite often during the modding process...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ModMii doesn't use PDFs as far as I know. Sounds like you did NOT download ModMii. Did you run a program that had a blue screen with a bunch of options asking you what you wanted to do with your Wii, which then prepared your SD card for you and gave you a .TXT file as a guide? If not, you didn't use ModMii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have BootMii only installed as IOS and you restore your nand, you can brick your Wii. Yes, the chance for that happening is very low, but it's there.

Either use the real ModMii as advised, or learn what is what and do everything yourself.

HBC upside-down? Check which IOS your HBC uses, and install a clean version of that.

PS: Lol, this other ModMii really sucks, look at that pastebin syscehck. Korean IOS, tons of patched IOS, lots of unused cIOS and no IOS236, but instead IOS36 overwritten.

doesntmatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Goddamn it. The reason I downloaded this version of "ModMii" is because I don't have wifi and because I run Linux on my computer. The download came with all the WAD files that I was supposed to install, so I wouldn't have to try and run an .exe file in wine, or connect my wii to the wifi (which I can't do unless maybe I ask the neighbors for their wifi code). I guess I will try to borrow someones windows machine and do it. Thanks a lot for your help everyone!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you could install windows in eg virtualbox
if you use XP it will only use ~2GiB
its handy to have around if wine fails anyway

doesntmatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update:

So I was able to download and install XFlak's ModMii on my roommate's computer. I prepared the SD card and put it in my Wii.

I skipped the HBC install step (I have it already) and I skipped the make an NAND backup step (also have one one from before).

Step 3: Install a patched IOS236,

installation complete!

Step 4: Install Priiloader

Upon opening Priiloader I recieved an error message and the "mission was aborted" (I have tried again to open Priiloader so that I can tell you the exact error message, but now when I open it the screen just goes black)

I thought this problem might have to do with the previous WADs that were installed with the "ModMii" that I was using before, so I figured the problem might be fixed if I installed the WADs that are provided in XFlak's package. Unfortunately when i open MMM I am not able to navigate (seems to have happened to a lot of my apps since my attempt with the "ModMii". Without navigating MMM I can't overwrite the previous WADs...

Any ideas?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
great, now I get to read about a bugs from a different\inferior "ModMii"

solution... use the REAL ModMii by XFlak
LMFAO!!!! Fucking assholes stole the name. And they even have a real webpage. And they accept donations that are not going to XFlak. WTF!!

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Lol, I bet if you look at the bottom of this other ModMii it says "Made in China".

Better than this one that says hey, look at this list of all the other people who actually deserve the money that it will cost you to stop having to see it every time!
yaywii.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL this is hilarious. Xflak is there any way to stop the bastards from doing such scam? The OP may be an example of thousand if not million of users downloading a fake app and then come here complaining because "Modmii" didn't work this or that way blah blah blah.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
LOL this is hilarious. Xflak is there any way to stop the bastards from doing such scam? The OP may be an example of thousand if not million of users downloading a fake app and then come here complaining because "Modmii" didn't work this or that way blah blah blah.
I seriously doubt it. People have been stealing guides for a long time. You may have seen "Hacking Modding Nerd" on youtube. He is responsible for quite a few bricks because everything he makes is terrible, but the only good stuff he has is stolen (as in exact copies). Even a couple of my extremely simple guides have been stolen. "wii-hacks.com" (not wiihacks) is another example of a place that steals guides.

doesntmatter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I went ahead and did what some people had suggested, and re-installed some of the IOSs that had been changed by the "ModMii". This fixed the upside-down menu and the problem with app navigability. After that I was able to run and install priiloader, and install the WADs that were available in XFlak's ModMii package. For some reason priiloader isn't able to find my system menu hacks, but I assume with a little reading around I can probably figure that out as well. Thanks for y'all help.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JoostinOnline said:
Burton said:
I seriously doubt it. People have been stealing guides for a long time. You may have seen "Hacking Modding Nerd" on youtube. He is responsible for quite a few bricks because everything he makes is terrible, but the only good stuff he has is stolen (as in exact copies). Even a couple of my extremely simple guides have been stolen. "wii-hacks.com" (not wiihacks) is another example of a place that steals guides.
This is incredible as to impersonate (an obvious name) like Modmii. Let's hope that they will not design the webpage layout with Star Wars characters to improve the farce.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU