Gaming Problems with Majora's Mask on OG 3DS

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you tried the cartridge first after deleting the tickets, it might be worth deleting them again but trying a CIA install first instead. The logic being that the cartridge might be writing a bad ticket or something weird like that.

Maybe you've already tried this but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. Also it might be worth getting a .3ds version and convert it to .cia yourself.

criticaljer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you tried the cartridge first after deleting the tickets, it might be worth deleting them again but trying a CIA install first instead. The logic being that the cartridge might be writing a bad ticket or something weird like that.

Maybe you've already tried this but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. Also it might be worth getting a .3ds version and convert it to .cia yourself.
I tried a few different .3ds files and there was no luck. Good idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did see that early on. I don't know anything about cleaning a gyroscope but I imagine it means opening the shell. I wanted to save that as a last resort.

I actually searched for this post a few times and couldn't find it.

Weird that a gyroscope could cause issues.

Now to look up how to clean a gyroscope.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know anything about cleaning a gyroscope but I imagine it means opening the shell. I wanted to save that as a last resort.

I actually searched for this post a few times and couldn't find it.

Weird that a gyroscope could cause issues.

Now to look up how to clean a gyroscope.
Well, that doesn't really answer the question, now does it? If Face Raiders works perfectly, then it is hard to believe that the gyroscope is actually at fault. AR Games would probably be a better test, come to think of it.

On the other hand, it doesn't look like there are any other clues at this point.

criticaljer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that doesn't really answer the question, now does it? If Face Raiders works perfectly, then it is hard to believe that the gyroscope is actually at fault. AR Games would probably be a better test, come to think of it.

On the other hand, it doesn't look like there are any other clues at this point.
Nah. I didn't take the 3DS apart to clean the gyroscope. Dexterious tasks with small pieces isn't exactly in my wheel house. I have rather large hands.

At this point, I am probably going to take the L. I convinced little sister to trade her 2ds to her older sister for the 3ds. Little sister likes tomagachi life and doesn't give a damn about MM. Older sister just wants to play MM. In the end, it all works out. I hope.

Thanks everyone for the good replies. Maybe something in the future will crack the enigma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-