Problems with Iggy's Reckin Balls ROM for N64

Shadowraith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tried playing Iggy's Reckin Balls again since it's awesome, and I got it to mostly work with Project64 (1.6), but the problem is that it keeps crashing after several races, and I lose all my progress (which isn't much, but still). I tried a whole bunch of crap to fix it (various emulator options, getting the Glide64 plugin which gave me an error and crashed the game, and I even tried playing it on 1964 but it was also the same thing there) and now I'm pretty much all out of ideas.

Does anybody know of anything that could fix this crashing? I tried looking around (on Google and here) and found nothing. It'd be really awesome if I could play the game again but obviously it's not very fun when I can't really get anywhere, so if anybody has something like a miracle plugin or some random emulator I've never heard of or even some random setting I can turn on to fix the crashing I'd be really grateful, although it seems like it's just something wrong with the ROM itself (I'd ask for help with that but pretty sure that counts as breaking the rules). If it turns out there's nothing I can do though then I suppose being told I'm screwed would be better than nothing.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
N64 emulation is far from perfect, it's more than likely a compatibility issue. I can't find a compatibility list or anything tho so can't say for certain, but doesn't PJ64 give you some details when selecting the game? It usually tells you if somethings compatible, has glitces or problems running.

edit : Nvm, I've just found a compatibility list and it says it should run fine. Try grabbing the game from another source maybe. Here's the list anyway http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

Shadowraith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
N64 emulation is far from perfect, it's more than likely a compatibility issue. I can't find a compatibility list or anything tho so can't say for certain, but doesn't PJ64 give you some details when selecting the game? It usually tells you if somethings compatible, has glitces or problems running.

edit : Nvm, I've just found a compatibility list and it says it should run fine. Try grabbing the game from another source maybe. Here's the list anyway http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net/n64mgcl/N64ConfigList.htm

Thanks, I'll look into that. It says my version of the ROM should work fine (was using the same plugins it recommends too) but maybe it was a bad dump, who knows...

As for the details with PJ64, I downloaded the gameFAQs rom database thing and there's a note that says "hang after race?" which is exactly my problem, so hopefully that list there is correct.

EDIT: Well, I tried getting another copy of the ROM, and it was definitely a different source and it's usually reliable, but the game still crashed after several races with all the recommended plugins on that list and etc. Any other ideas? I doubt messing around with the emulator randomly even more will help very much, and now I'm completely out of ideas.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a compatibility problem mate. I can't really help you as I very rarely play any emulator other than Mame. Sorry dude!

Shadowraith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Sounds like a compatibility problem mate. I can't really help you as I very rarely play any emulator other than Mame. Sorry dude!

Oh well, thanks anyways though. Maybe I'll find something if I look hard enough over the internets.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
No worries mate, sorry I couldn't be more help. If you can afford it I'd have a scan of eBay, you can pick up a N64 for next to nothing these days and as far as I know (or at least last time I looked) Iggys Wreckin Balls didn't go for very much.

If you can't then there's probably somewhere you'll be able to find the info to get it going.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0