Hacking Problems with Any Title Deleter 4.0 MOD

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running System Menu 4.0, CIOS36 rev9, Wiikey 1.9s. Launch (or close to) Wii.

Ive used ATD before, and its worked, but now, I get the error ES_Identify (ret = -1017). The only changes from when it worked to now, are, I installed that rev9 CIOS. I tried installing cISO USB beta 3, no luck, thats when I opened ATD to delete IOS202, to remove beta 2, and I get that error. My VC/WiiWare loads off the SD card just fine. What can I do to get this error to go away? I can still install and uninstall WADs.

Am I looking at a downgrade to fix this?

This really sucks, its the only time I've ever had ANY errors installing anything. Everything else has worked perfectly. Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on here? I guess this is what I get for installing new stuff and trying to get the USB loader working, lol.

I'll be available for a while to answer any questions someone with a fix might need answered.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting when I start ATD:

01.jpg

Trying to delete IOS202:
02.jpg

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this exact same problem to

i couldnyt install anything reall like dvdx cios usb or anytjhing

well i downgraded and updated didnt do anything until i downraded to 3.3 and installed ciosr9 for usb loader and it worked for some reason

but i still cant install dvdx

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be that the IOS AnyTitleDeleter is using is a version without the bugs it exploits.
tongue.gif
I had problems with it after updated to 4.0 until I downgraded my IOS files with Waninoko's IOS downgrader.

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
It could be that the IOS AnyTitleDeleter is using is a version without the bugs it exploits.
tongue.gif
I had problems with it after updated to 4.0 until I downgraded my IOS files with Waninoko's IOS downgrader.

Do I downgrade to 3.2?

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
Why do you want USB Beta 3 when cIOS36 rev9 has USB 2.0 support?

On a side note, I have seen this. Downgrading to 3.2 fixed it.

Because I can't keep up with what cIOS has what anymore, too busy with work and such, I had no idea rev9 has usb2.0 support or I wouldn't have even bothered with beta 3. So I just need to grab the IOS downgrader and downgrade to 3.2? If I leave all my VC/WiiWare on my SD card how it is (4.0 sd launch feature) will I be able to launch them again after I re-up to 4.0 or would I have to re-install all of them and transfer them to sd again? I would ideally like to have 4.0 w/ SD Launch capabilities and USB Loader. Will a downgrade to 3.2U, re-installing my cIOSes and stuff, then upgrading to 4.0 again work? I'd really like to avoid downgrading if at all possible...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
rather use that: it is a modified AnyTitleDeleter that will try to use ios249 (CIOS) if it exists
should fix your issues

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4X24IM0T

PS: it's based on the sourcecode available on Wiibrew, seems to be 3.0 source (not verified as I don't know the differences between 3.0 and 4.0)

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
rather use that: it is a modified AnyTitleDeleter that will try to use ios249 (CIOS) if it exists
should fix your issues

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4X24IM0T

PS: it's based on the sourcecode available on Wiibrew, seems to be 3.0 source (not verified as I don't know the differences between 3.0 and 4.0)

Sweet, that enabled me to uninstall IOS202, thank you. Is the error I'm getting going to effect USB Loader? If so, I'll just downgrade. I'm all about less stress on the DVD Laser. I use my 160GB 360 HDD and dump all my games to it, I'd love to be able to do something similar with the Wii, as my drive has been acting up latley and giving me DREs. I adjusted to pot on the drive, and it fixed it, I just don't want to be using the drive if I don't have to.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
the error you were getting was due to the IOS that anytitledeleter originally used: with 4.0 update all official IOS now blocks unauthorized access, hence the error

with cIOS installled, you should be fine now

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
the error you were getting was due to the IOS that anytitledeleter originally used: with 4.0 update all official IOS now blocks unauthorized access, hence the error

with cIOS installled, you should be fine now

Thanks a ton, you really helped me out. Not only did you explain what was going on, but you provided a solution to my problem. Again, thank you very much. I'm also glad that I thoroughly read a 4.0 update guide, which specifically said "Make sure you have cIOSrev8 installed before doing ANYTHING."

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Does this mod to ATD has the descriptions included (besides the channels IDs)? If it doesn't, is the updated mod available anywhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm