Problems with 3in1 and NDS Backup tool

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by manobon, Dec 28, 2008.

Dec 28, 2008
  1. manobon
    OP

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, so I have an EDGE card, 8GB Class 6 A-Data microsdhc card, EZ FLash 3-in-1, and the NDS Backup Tool 3in1 v0.31 (2008/1/29)...

I set the backup folder in the .ini file as /NDS3, Created that folder in the root of the microsdhc card, and basically, just get to the point of writing the backup to the EDGE card- where it just stays at 0%.

The NOR is always erased, then written to (using the original/commercial-cart), I confirm the shut off of the DS (press a, then it shuts off), then turn the ds back on with the EDGE card inserted...annnd Nothing. =^\

I tried erasing/saving different GBA games to the EZ Flash's NOR memory (using GBA Exploader .57? I think), and they always load up fine...

Help!

2. Bob119900

Newcomer Bob119900 Member

United Kingdom
    Did you turn the tool on again? If you did it should write the file from the 3in1 to your edge.

3. manobon
    OP

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    haha, yes, but of course- it gets to the 'writing' bar, and either stays at 0% or goes up to 3%.

When I explore the folders later using DSOrganize (after shutting the system down when it's stuck at 0% or 3% for over half an hour), there's like, a 0.00kb file with the game name in the NDS3 folder (my backup rom folder).

Also! weirdly enough, I accidentally unloaded my EDGE card during one of the attempts, when it was stuck at 3% for a while...and Then, the Writing progress bar pretty much flew to 100%.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong- I've read through various other threads of how people use the Same program, etc. on EDGE and it works perfectly. I even reformatted my card (just in case), and keep the system plugged into an outlet during the whole procedure...

so yeah, please offer help if you can!