Hacking Problems with 2.1 download play enabled feature

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been having some trouble trying to understand my new acekard 2.1.
There is a feature on it that allows you to enable/disable download play. When I enable this feature, some games behave weird and in some cases they freeze during certain actions ( eg: In "new super mario bros" when you want to play the minigames, the screen completely freezes ). When I disabled the download play option, everything works as it should.
I still have some inquiries about the acekard 2.1 and wifi play as of the moment, but I still have to confirm what could be the cause of it, and maybe I will make another post in the future.

Anyways if anyone have any problems with this "download play" feature using acekard 2.1, or some other problems of the sort, please leave some feedback. An acekard troubleshooter site/forum will really help me here too. Thx in advance !

EDIT: I just found how to soft reset. Its with X+Y+A+B+L+R, and not with down+A+B+L+R. =/

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
k4ever said:
EDIT: I just found how to soft reset. Its with X+Y+A+B+L+R, and not with down+A+B+L+R. =/
Yeah, they changed it in firmware 4.12. Just always read "what's new" with every firmware release. ;-)

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros' minigames don't work, I've tried em. If you really want minigames, go get a copy of Super Mario 64 DS (You'll have to put in some effort though, have fun catching rabbits).

I'm going to go see if DL play works later, I'll post back.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
norm should chime in for this post, but download play patches into ram where game code might be. on some games it causes odd behavior to show up. i keep download on within akaio and turn it off on a per rom setting (hit Y) for problem games.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...