Problems Saving on Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by OMGCracka, Jun 8, 2011.

Jun 8, 2011

Problems Saving on Acekard 2i by OMGCracka at 4:23 PM (1,853 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. OMGCracka
    OP

Newcomer OMGCracka Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone. I have encountered a problem that I could not find when searching the forums (though if someone has already had and solved this problem please feel free to link me).

I keep encountering a problem where I will try to save in-game and the game will tell me my save file is corrupt or that it could not be found. I have encountered this problem in Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (save file corrupt), Etrian Odyssey III (every time I save it deletes my sea map and tells me that the game could not be properly saved), and Rune Factory III (tells me my save file is corrupt or cannot be found). Other games appear to work (Advance Wars DS).

I'm running AKAIO 1.8.7 on a 3DS with a 16GB Samsung MicroSD. I believe my AK2i is real as it has an anti-counterfeit sticker which I removed and checked on the website and the website said that code is legit. I had this problem before the update to 2.0 so I tried updating to 2.0 and now I still have the problem. I've tried reformatting with the professional tool and I have the newest loader. Could there be a problem with my save file settings? Everything appears to run fine besides saving. If anyone could offer some help I've got a looooong drive tomorrow I'd like to be able to game during!

THANKS!

*UPDATE* Actually I have made a discovery - when saving I can save fine as long as I am not saving over another save file. But when I try to save over another save file then I end up with an error. The error in FFTA2 is "The save data cannot be accessed. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the Game Card." When I save over a blank file though it saves and loads fine. Any ideas?

*UPDATE 2* All files on my Micro SD were set as "Archive" files for some reason, when I unclicked "Archive" my game started to save as normal. So for future people with similar problems I suggest taking the following steps in the following order:

1) Make sure save files aren't "Read Only" or "Archive" files - To do so right-click the save files and look at prperties. If they have "Archive" or "Read-Only" checked then uncheck said boxes.
    2) Panasonic SD Formatter - Download here: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html.
    3) Fresh AKAIO install - Download here: http://www.acekard.com/download.php.
    4) Turn off Anti-anti-piracy - To do so hit "X" when you have a game selected in your AKAIO menu and check out the options, turn it off.
    5) Get clean ROMs - Find a reliable ROM downloading website.
    6) Make sure you have a legitimate Acekard 2i.

2. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    1) Panasonic SD Formatter
    2) Fresh AKAIO 1.8.7
    3) Make sure save files aren't set to Read-Only.
    4) Turn off AAP.
    5) Get clean ROMs. (Probably most important)
    6) Get an R4.

3. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can try a few things

First make sure that you have a clean version of your ROM

Second try disabling AP on a per-game basis that you are having issues with.

4. OMGCracka
    OP

United States
    Thanks for your help, I've done the first two steps. How do I set save files to NOT be read-only? I'll try that and try turning of anti-PP and see how it goes.

5. OMGCracka
    OP

United States
    Actually I have made a discovery - when saving I can save fine as long as I am not saving over another save file. But when I try to save over another save file then I end up with an error. The error in FFTA2 is "The save data cannot be accessed. Please turn the power OFF and reinsert the Game Card." When I save over a blank file though it saves and loads fine. Any ideas?

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Right-click the file on your compute and go to it's properties to see if it's read-only.

7. OMGCracka
    OP

United States
    THANKS! Files were marked as "Archive" files which, when unmarked, solved my problems.

8. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    Get an R4. You serious?

But the rest of the steps you listed there are pretty good, and sho7uld be followed before creating a new thread named 'My AK2i isn't working.'