Problems running GC backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by UchihaNemesis, Jun 15, 2012.

Jun 15, 2012
  1. UchihaNemesis
    OP

Newcomer UchihaNemesis Newbie

Portugal
    I found out it's possible to create multi-iso GC DVD's and decided to give it a try, using MultiGame ISO Creator v4.0.4F. I created two DVD's, from a couple of isos (burned one @ 2x and the other 4x), but none of them seem to be working. The system recognizes them as multi-iso DVD's, I select the game, but the moment I lauch, the screen flashes green and the system reboots. I've been running homebrews for a long time, and seeing the error, decided to re-check the system w/ sysCheck, updating to the new NeoGamma (NeoGamma R9 Beta 56, as a wad), everything seems to be working fine, and I think I had run GC isos before with some old 1.4GB DVDs I had from my old GC, not sure though, as I tried those and they┬┤re not working either...

Also tried to run them on Backup Launcher 0.3, Also recognizes the DVD's correctly, also reboots after launch.

I'll paste the sysCheck log, if anyone has any ideas as to what is going wrong, please let me know.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I would update your hacks using ModMii, and in its options, update your MIOS and any launchers you use.....that should put an end to your green screens

3. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Don't use Multigame 4, it doesn't work correctly, use the previous version 3.5.4f

4. UchihaNemesis
    OP

Newcomer UchihaNemesis Newbie

Portugal
    I believe I'm using the latest version of MIOS (v10), and also the latest NeoGamma loader (R9 Beta 56), as stated above.

As for the Multigame DVDs, the system seems to recognize them correctly for what they are, I'll try creating one with the previous version anyway. I do get the same green screen with my old backup 1.4GB GC DVDs, though, and those are more than tested, as I played them before in GC, so the isos are fine as well.

Great suggestion about ModMii! I was using the NUS Downloader, but this thing is much better, any moron would be able to sofmod a wii with it, it's like modding wii for dummies. When I first did it was through the Twilight Hack w/ my original Twilight Princess :/

I'll try to run it with my sysCheck and see if I find the problem.

5. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    You have several ways to get multigames dvd to work:
    1. install a cMios best are v4 by wiigator and v10 by wiipower

2. Install neogamma hack for disc channel: http://gbatemp.net/t...a-disc-channel/
    advantage here: you can still install any other Mios such as dml for instance

3. other methods that can be as effective
    goodluck :)
    Abz

6. Anon10W1z

Member Anon10W1z GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The BC might be out of date, try using NUSD to get the latest one, and install it via WAD manager. (I say NUSD because ModMii doesn't download the BC individually)

Have you installed a cMIOS? You need one for backups.

@AbdallahTerro Dude, he already tried Neogamma.

7. AbdallahTerro

Member AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Lebanon
    yes I didn't notice the BCv2 in syscheck :)
    installing BCv6 is recommended, but previous suggestions are still valid too.

1 person likes this.