Homebrew Problems Ripping Kirby's Dream Collection

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the process of ripping all my Wii and GC games with Cleanrip to play on an external hard drive. I already ripped all my GameCube games (20+ discs) and didn't encounter too many problems. But just now, i inserted Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition [S72E] and received an error that no amount of Googling seems to be able to find info on.

It spins and makes weird sounds when I initialize the disc, then says "Error - failed to detect disc type" and asks me to select the type of disc. I select Wii, and then it says "Error - failed to create file..." I'm trying to rip to an NTFS partition, and while I saw someone say that ripping to NTFS is still buggy, I haven't had any problems. All my games are verified by the Redump.org DAT. I've never had one do this, and my Kirby disc is immaculate (I've only played it a few times). Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be? For the record, I know the problem isn't my disc drive dying or going bad, as I've successfully ripped Twilight Princess (Wii) and Skyward Sword since typing this.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You really should try FAT32 first. Just insert a FAT32 formatted USB stick and rip into this device and see what happens. If it's still a problem, then the ripper might have some issues...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?