Hacking Problem with Wiigator Backup Loader 0.3 gamma

bmtrocks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having this problem that doesn't seem to be addressed in any of the sticky topics. I played my Wii GC boot dual-disk of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 through Wiigator's Backup Loader almost perfectly for about an hour.

The problem is, everytime I go back to it, even if I erase it and replace it with another version of the same program, the screen goes black with only the logo and the little lizard picture on the bottom-left. Reseting the system doesn't do anything, nor does turning it off and on. What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange that it went from working to not working. I assume you installed the newest MIOS with the option of launching through Gamma? My Wii is 4.1U, cIOS_rev14, and Gamma, and I ran into a glitch with a multigame GC disc last night. On my first try launching, all I got was a black screen, so I shut down the Wii. On my next try, the menu loaded fine, and I was able to play all three games.

There are a lot of subtle compatibility issues regarding multi-game GC discs, so I would recommend checking this Gamecube Backup Launcher Wiki, to see if your games support shrinking/multi-game usage. Everyone recommends using NeoGamma, but I don't think it will affect GC loading, which relies on MIOS. Not sure if any of that was helpful, so maybe try your games on separate discs. Good luck.

vaan999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bmtrocks said:
So I'm having this problem that doesn't seem to be addressed in any of the sticky topics. I played my Wii GC boot dual-disk of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 through Wiigator's Backup Loader almost perfectly for about an hour.

The problem is, everytime I go back to it, even if I erase it and replace it with another version of the same program, the screen goes black with only the logo and the little lizard picture on the bottom-left. Reseting the system doesn't do anything, nor does turning it off and on. What is the problem here and how can I fix it?

I had this problem like 2mins ago! I installed neogamma7 and that helped me fix the problem! It said something gecko in slot 2 and I realized that I had put my gamecube memory card into slot 2 and THAT was bugging it! I tried it after changing slots and voila It worked (= ( I thought it was the stupid vba emulator lol )

GOOD LUCK hope I helped

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh