Problem with ThemeHax (help please)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by lolbreon, Oct 27, 2015.

1. lolbreon
    OP

lolbreon Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Sorry, me need a help. I a use BrowserHax and can not install ThemeHax 2.1. I ran into a problem "Failed to open theme extdate..."
    I have used as an official version 1.2 of the installation and offline version 1.2. The result is the same.
    [​IMG]
    (problem offline version)
    [​IMG]
    and official version

P.S.
    Sorry my english .__.

Attached Files:

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    The official one tells you exactly what you needed to do: go to the Home Menu, and go to "Change Theme" first. This creates the theme-management information (aka theme extdata).

3. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    I can't quite see your pictures, but based on the error you described, you need to set a theme (one of the colored ones work, just not the default white) and try again.

4. Paseek

Paseek Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prague
    Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I'm having problems with themehax too.

the launcher is there
    the payload is on the root of my card (named "ropbinpayload_menuhax_E19456_new3ds.bin")
    the theme is set to red

still, it tells me "Failed to download the actual payload with HTTP" among other things.

any ideas please?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Made it work, the problem was resolved after deleting the themehax launcher from the starter pack and using the offline launcher instead.

Last edited by Paseek, Oct 27, 2015
  5. wowwow

wowwow Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    United States
    thats the same problem i had, use the offline installer in this thread
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-2-5-on-themehax-manually.400784/