Hacking problem with sx core,switch only show grumpy sd card but wont boot !

EAGLE-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
hi guys i have a sx core already installed,i get green light and the grumpy sd card logo,but the console wont boot,is like wont have any sd card on it ! i already test sx os 3.03 and same result,i test a 2 fat32 card and same happen those 2 cards workds perfect in another switch console,son i read de sx core manual and only say " if you get green light and the grumpy sd card your install is complete" so i dont understand what the problem is !,i really apreciate any help

NOTE:i dont update the switch firmware before the install because the user manual of sx core dont say nothing about that,so what can i do now?? because i stuck with green light and grumpy sd card but the console wont boot .even i use the sx ox 3.03 i really apreciate any help,

Grimlock97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Check if you SD-Card has two partitions on it using EaseUS Partition or other tools. Happend for me as there were two partitions, one unused inactive partition that prevented sx core to read the boot.dat and the second main partition.

Reactions: EAGLE-1

EAGLE-1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Check if you SD-Card has two partitions on it using EaseUS Partition or other tools. Happend for me as there were two partitions, one unused inactive partition that prevented sx core to read the boot.dat and the second main partition.

hi,thanks for answer but the 2 sd card works perfect in my non mariko sx pro console,so the problem is not the sd cards

iialaq01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all partitions in the SD card. Slow format to Fat32 with 32k clusters. Download a new Boot.dat from TX website put your payloader.bin ion the root of the SD. Then try it. I had same issue.

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi,thanks for answer but the 2 sd card works perfect in my non mariko sx pro console,so the problem is not the sd cards

Even if the SD cards are working in another switch doesn't mean that they will work with the SX core. It seems that SX core is very very touchy with SD cards after lengthy discussions on TX chat.
I had a 512Gb Lexar sd card which was working on the very same switch on which I installed the SX core. After installation, couldn't boot from it, even when formatted FAT32.

Please try with any other SD card first, I never managed to make this lexar work with SX core (but it can work if I boot on another SD card, and quickly swap it to the Lexar one during boot sequence to OFW: It is then usable by the very same switch...)

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having same issue using a Samsung 128GB microsd card. Flashes blue for a few seconds then becomes solid green. Get the red Boot.dat grumpy face. Tried formatting in FAT32 and ExFAT. I'll try slow formatting next and see if that does anything.

I only put boot.dat on the root. Do we need anything else?

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having same issue using a Samsung 128GB microsd card. Flashes blue for a few seconds then becomes solid green. Get the red Boot.dat grumpy face. Tried formatting in FAT32 and ExFAT. I'll try slow formatting next and see if that does anything.

I only put boot.dat on the root. Do we need anything else?

For Core and Lite only need boot.dat. If using core make sure your sd card reader is clipped in correctly or nothing you do will matter.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Core and Lite only need boot.dat. If using core make sure your sd card reader is clipped in correctly or nothing you do will matter.

Thanks. I've definitely removed and reseated the microsd card reader a few times to be sure. Any way to verify it's reading or attempting to read or if it's damaged somehow?

Or is there a way to bypass the SX Core chip to boot into OFW?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I've definitely removed and reseated the microsd card reader a few times to be sure. Any way to verify it's reading or attempting to read or if it's damaged somehow?

Or is there a way to bypass the SX Core chip to boot into OFW?

With your issue yeah

Open switch up
unclip ribbon from qsb
unclip nand
clip nand back to switch mobo
power on
should boot ofw

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With your issue yeah

Open switch up
unclip ribbon from qsb
unclip nand
clip nand back to switch mobo
power on
should boot ofw

So if I unplug the SX Core piece and plug Nand back into Switch mobo, it will boot OFW even if the SP1 and SP2 points are still soldered on? I'm getting a blue screen.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I unplug the SX Core piece and plug Nand back into Switch mobo, it will boot OFW even if the SP1 and SP2 points are still soldered on? I'm getting a blue screen.

Yeah should boot ofw - I have tested many this way. Now you have to backtrace install and see where it was messed up at. Some high res closeups would help.

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah should boot ofw - I have tested many this way. Now you have to backtrace install and see where it was messed up at. Some high res closeups would help.

I did damage a tiny fuse by the USB C port, so the tech just burned it instead of replacing the fuse as he didn't want to accidentally fry the board by using too large a fuse. Wonder if that's what's causing the issue.

p.png

Last edited by lickwid,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did damage a tiny fuse by the USB C port, so the tech just burned it instead of replacing the fuse as he didn't want to accidentally fry the board by using too large a fuse. Wonder if that's what's causing the issue.

p.png

I would replace it with exact part. What about caps next to tegra or actual soldering?

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to take it all apart and check tomorrow. Soldering is clean. I presume flashing blue light then solid green should mean it's okay. But maybe there are other ways to troubleshoot.

Pulled it apart and soldering looks fine as do the caps. Where can I find the correct fuse and what's a good place to order?

lickwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States