Problem with RenChi.com

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by caribou007, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2011

Problem with RenChi.com by caribou007 at 7:29 PM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. caribou007
    OP

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    For the past week, when I go to the Checkout Page, there is nothing in the drop-down box to select a shipping method. I can't select a shipping method, and when I try to continue, I get an error page telling me that Courier shipping might be cheaper and with a link to go back and change my shipping method or a phone number and email to call. They aren't returning my emails, I wrote to Sales and Webmaster. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with RenChi.com?

This started happening when I first discovered that a $14 order of three DS Lite touch pens and 2 screen protectors would cost $18.50 to ship, and emailed them asking for a discount and saying that it shouldn't possibly cost that much to ship these things. They never responded to that, and I've had this problem ever since. Could they have somehow blocked me from using Checkout? If so, I'd like to make a complaint with their store management.

Also if there's anyone in Toronto or the surrounding area that would like to combine an order to save on their crazy shipping charges talk to me. lol.

2. caribou007
    OP

Member caribou007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

I think a moderator should delete this thread now, as the issue is resolved.

I ended up calling them and getting the number for someone at Redwolf Airsoft (their parent company) who agreed with me that something was wrong with their shipping matrix if I was getting those prices. They forwarded my concerns to their friend and the manager of RenChi and I didn't hear back from them, so I had to call back a few times, but they said they sent me replies so I don't know why I didn't get a reply. Eventually, after I complained a third time, someone from RenChi contacted me, and when I explained my concerns they agreed with me and offered to ship all the items to me for their base shipping cost, which is $6.42. They would not do free shipping when I requested it. However, I decided it was worth the $6.42 USD shipping to get these items (2 metal extendable stylus that fit into the DS $3 each, 1 retractable pen-style touch pen $3, 1 completely see-through touch pen $7, 1 light blue touch pen $1, all officially licensed, made by brnads like takara tomy, moritoys, etc, and a nice yellow pouch for the DS.), especially since I checked out local game stores including the ones in Pacific Mall and could only find basic styluses and nothing special and high quality as these appeared to be. So I took the deal and they were very nice to me. They even tried to find me some Capdase/Hori screen protectors when I mentioned that I needed some, but were unable to.

I will write reviews of these pens when I get them, if there's interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.