Problem with Chickhen R2 on PSP 1003

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Ireland 1, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010
  1. Ireland 1
    OP

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    Hi guys i have a problem with my psp 1003 on 5.03 . Every time i turn it on and open the eggspoilt picture from chickhen R2 it stalls then truns off like normal, but when i turn it back on where is no chickhen installed. I did the picture thing about 40 times and it did not work so i bought a pandora battery here
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22349
    I got it there 2 days ago and have been trying and trying chickhen R2 over and over yet it still does not work. I even tyred taking out the battery still did not work. Can anybody help please ???

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    ChickHen is just like that....irritatingly random. The first time i tried it on a friends PSP 1000 it took me over an hour to get it to work once (but i'm assuming that was just bad luck).

Since you have your Pandora Battery i'd suggest you make yourself a Magic Memory Stick with Rain's Ultralite installer and just flash in the traditional way. Then update to 5.00 M33-6 or GEN D3.

If you have a Phat PSP under 5.03 you shouldn't be flashing with the Chickhen/Recovery flasher method anyway.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Yeah having a Pandora will make your life much easier

And ChickHEN can be a bitch, ive used it so many times, sometimes i'd get it from the first time and sometimes it just doesn't want to work at all.

4. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Don't open the images, open the folder then quickly scroll to the bottom of the list of images.

Alternatively find MHU Speed, some people report that it is quicker and less random to boot than ChickHEN

5. Ireland 1
    OP

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    Thanks lads ,got it working :-)

6. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    MHU isn't for Fat psps.

7. mpg187

Member mpg187 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I found two modified versions of ChickHen that work more, but CFW enabler doesn't work with them. But then again maybe it's something else, maybe it doesn't work on the normal ChickHen, I never tried because I never got CH to run...

8. sword414

Member sword414 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Having a UMD inside seems to increase the chances of it working from what I experienced.