Gaming Problem with an old dell dimension 5000

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok so this one came with XP back in (2005) I upgraded it to Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) but :( if i'm playing a song it WMP or VLC, Media Player classic...
And surfing the web ! the music stutters it didn't stutter in windows xp if someone has a fix or something like that or suggestions please tell me :(

My specs

- 2 GB DDR2 ram
- 320GB Seagate HDD 7200RPM
- 128 MB Ati Radeon x300SE (Default Clock: 324MHz) (Memory: 196Mhz) I overclocked it a little bit:
(GPU clock: 428Mhz) (Memory: 214Mhz)
Sound Card: SB Audigy (Creative)
- Motherboard: Model: 0W5363 (Dell inc.)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT @3Ghz (FSB: 800Mhz) (L2 : 1MB) (Cores: 1) (Threads: 2)

If you need more specs than ask me !

Thanks in advance I hope my problem will get solved :'(

and BTW i'm using this pc as my main pc so..

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The stutter problems could either be caused by the HDD having slow random read/write speeds or the processor struggling to handle the codec thread and the web browser thread at the same time or the 2GB of RAM being insufficient for the features offered by Windows 7 ultimate edition. It could also be from background processes slowing down the entire system or the low end graphics card struggling with Aero or drivers/codecs being outdated.

I can't offer specific advice for old computers because most of the time I fix such computers I use my own intuition to find and fix anything causing slowdown. And they're usually running XP or older versions of Windows, not 7.

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The stutter problems could either be caused by the HDD having slow random read/write speeds or the processor struggling to handle the codec thread and the web browser thread at the same time or the 2GB of RAM being insufficient for the features offered by Windows 7 ultimate edition. It could also be from background processes slowing down the entire system or the low end graphics card struggling with Aero or drivers/codecs being outdated.

I can't offer specific advice for old computers because most of the time I fix such computers I use my own intuition to find and fix anything causing slowdown. And they're usually running XP or older versions of Windows, not 7.
Yes maybe i'l try to reinstall k lite codec pack and yes maybe it is because of the processor but :/ it isn't even 100% when it stutters and maybe its an old computer but the speed is good enough even on Windows 7

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nope deleting codecs also didn't help :/ pff I really don't wan't to go back to XP because windows 7 runs great the only thing is surfing the web and listening to music is = x.x

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oke i have some more info so it should be a driver problem altrough the program says that
300eec6.png
look this happens when i open a page like Facebook didn't happen with XP even when the cpu was 100% hmm what driver could it be ??

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Have you tried following the advice in the picture? Using Device Manager to disable/re-enable the devices one by one to see if any of the hardware drivers are causing problems?
Ok will try to to uninstall al devices and reinstall them and maybe install the audio drivers from the cd and not from windows update

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried following the advice in the picture? Using Device Manager to disable/re-enable the devices one by one to see if any of the hardware drivers are causing problems?
Ok will try to to uninstall al devices and reinstall them and maybe install the audio drivers from the cd and not from windows update
You need to do it one by one or else you will never find the problem driver :rolleyes:

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You need to do it one by one or else you will never find the problem driver :rolleyes:
But o.O do i really need to uninstall al my usb ports that's to much to do
Maybe i'l try to install my chipset because i didn't do that because it was already ok when i installed windows you never know

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What driver are you using for your sound card?
My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy and i have the drivers from the CD

Leverancier: CREATIVE
Date: 3/08/2009
Driver Version: 5.12.1.2018

And... i tried disabling some devices but i didn't find one that was causing the problem :(

I Disabled my network adapter
I Disabled my sound but the DPC Latency checker still gives me red bars
I Disabled my Camera and my Mic nope not the problem red bars still appear
I Disabled my Floppy Drive and my 2 DVD Drives nope red bars still appear
I Disabled my mouse same problem :(

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe i'l try to install my chipset because i didn't do that because it was already ok when i installed windows you never know
You should have done it anyways. Try that and report back.
I did didn"t fix a thing
Any more suggestions someone told me to supspend ACPI.sys with procesexplorer System>Threads>ACPI.sys but if I try to disable that than i don't have the premissions even if i run procesexplorer as administrator :( >.> maybe i'l do a windows reinstall maybe that will help

>.> i'm using chrome but if I use firefox the stuttering is even worse and even more red bars appear in the DPC Latency program WTF is going on :( I really want this fixend it's really annoying if anyone know a fix or something than he may even come in my computer with teamviewer -.-
hmm maybe it's the network driver but how can i tes(t this i can't load a site with my network disabled

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well try uninstalling the drivers of the sound card you installed from the cd . They look really old & barely support windows 7 . Just uninstall it & download the latest from the site which I think is this http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=11314 .

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well try uninstalling the drivers of the sound card you installed from the cd . They look really old & barely support windows 7 . Just uninstall it & download the latest from the site which I think is this http://support.creat...ownloadId=11314 .
I did already and hmm i got something ! i think it's my wireless network adapter because the red spikes only seems to be there when I load pages and do other internet stuff...
ok i have to tell you that i have a belkin high speed mode wirelss G USB Network adpater card wich is not supported but i found a Vista driver somewhere on the net to get it work so i don't know if you guys can find a better driver ??!! the driver says '2004' that i have ATM for my network adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show