Call of Duty PC help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by T3GZdev, May 27, 2011.

May 27, 2011

Call of Duty PC help by T3GZdev at 1:19 AM (590 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. T3GZdev
    OP

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    hi MW3 is coming & i have a Wii, laptop, & 3DS.
    not sure if its coming to Wii tho because there only saying there making it for PS3, 360 & PC. like they did with the past ones, no trailer or anything. they just released the Wii & DS version without telling anyone, & leaving out split-screen & some more features. & they may do the same this time. (then they wonder why they dont sell as much) [​IMG]
    & they haven't said anything about a 3DS version as they did with the DS versions.

so i decided i may get this one for PC but kinda need some help.
    what are the technical specs needed for COD: MW, MW2, Black Ops., MW3 for PC?

my laptop is HP Pavilion dv4-2145dx>
    this one

Processor 2.30GHz AMD Turion II Dual-Core M520
    Memory 4GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz
    Hard drive 320GB at 7,200rpm
    Chipset AMD RS780
    Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4200
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium
    Dimensions (WDH) 13.2 x 9.5 x 1.6 inches
    Screen size (diagonal) 14.1 inches

i also have a USB 360 controller can that be used to play it?

& does the PC version have split screen on any COD?
    if not then im probably better of getting it on Wii anyway, that is if its released on wii. [​IMG]

also how does the online work? is it friendcode like? how does that work?

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Minimum requirements for Black Ops:

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
    RAM: 2GB
    VGA: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
    DX: DirectX 9.0c
    HDD: 12GB
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

Your laptop probably has integrated graphics and so would make this game completely unplayable.

You could use the controller, but mouse and keyboard players (ie 99% of PC players) would have an incredible advantage over you.

Online is with Steam, no friend code crap. MW3 will probably have dedicated servers, so all you have to do is get you and your friends to join the same one, and never have to deal with the host migration crap that consoles get every 3 minutes. I don't know if there is split screen on PC COD's, probably not.

3. T3GZdev
    OP

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States
    this one
    http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-pavilio...7-33970189.html

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    4200's integrated, and 1/3rd the power of the 8600GT (which is listed as a minimum requirement).

I wouldn't even bother to try to play it.

5. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Definitely ditch the 360 controller for PC + keyboard, don't even think about switching it.

No split-screen on PC. You do have Co-op in MW2 though.
    By the way, you don't have to buy MW or MW2 to play online on the PC [​IMG]
    You can play MW online via cracked servers. For MW2 just go to -snip- and go to Downloads and read the instructions!

6. Bently

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It should be able to play MW and MW2 while running on AC power, it would probably lag much more if you ran on battery ( online speaking, Singleplayer on Battery is okay..)

My laptop has about the same specs more or less, and Black Ops can hardly run on lowest settings, lowest resolution, and tweaked CONFIG file. I get about 15-20fps with no applications turned on.

If you plan on buying MW2, Black Ops, or MW3 (in the future) the Online on the PC works like the system that is present on XBOX live, or PSN. Since you don't own any of the two consoles then you may want to look it up on Youtube or google images to get a better understanding.

MW2 on the PC has -snip- which supports dedicated servers (so you don't have to host game & play | consecutive game lobby), However support for dedicated servers for Black Ops has no recent advancements.

*Note the -snip- was what Satangel mentioned, but I fear I may get warned for posting the link since it contains potential pirated material.*