Homebrew Problem with AlltoAVI converter

VoVong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to ask why when i use AlltoAVi to convert MKV file into AVi it only turn into a clip of 5 mins video? How can i convert it into a full length videos ?

Kilos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it tell you "H.264 Video Detected! Do you want AlltoAvi to switch to a more restricted special mode"? If so, click yes then make sure to choose the correct framerate (it will be listed in the other window in the top-right).
Otherwise, if you don't get that, try choosing "Force no skipping frames" under the job options.

VoVong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm i don't know if i did it wrong but 3 attempt on diff frame rate i get this error than permission denied

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While it was a nice program, I don't think it's been updated since 2007, and even then I think there were better (and free) apps out there for conversion. SUPER might be a pain in the balls to download, but when I used it it was a very nice converter.
Since my XBox is dead and I no longer watch video through XBMC, I haven't had need to convert or hard-sub videos since ZoomPlayer + CCCP plays 99.9% of my files flawlessly (I have SOME blocking issues with SGKK's encodes of Bleach when manually skipping, but I think that might be due to CoreAVC/CUDA)

Given that you're asking this under the NDS section, I'm going to have to assume your goal is to play video on the DS, I would highly suggest forgetting about converting to AVI (or at least as an end result) and suggest you use Moonshell2 and DPG.
Moonshell2 comes with a DPG converter, but I don't think it does a whole lot in terms of extras (it does not support soft subtitles).
BatchDPG is a better utility, it lets you select audio and subtitle tracks and has more encoding options.

If you're going to be working with MKV files (nice for PC, not so nice for small mobile devices) you should learn how to extract the video/audio/subs manually and use them to convert to the format of your choice.
Get MKVtoolnix (extract to your location) MKVExtractGUI (extract the files in the MKVExtractGUI folder to the MKVtoolnix folder) then run MKVExtractGUI.exe, when you open your file it will show you everything inside including custom fonts and chapters. You can choose to extract whatever you want and use them in your conversion app.

Kilos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BatchDPG simply has problems with some files, and the easiest way to deal with them for me is to use AlltoAvi to transcode the video and then use BatchDPG to convert to DPG. BatchDPG also has problems muxing audio in my experience, at least in version 1.60 Unoffical. And Super is temperamental in its stability, but maybe they fixed that...

Never heard of dpg4x. Will have to check that out; hopefully its as nice as BatchDPG but more reliable.
tongue.gif

VoVong said:
Hmm i don't know if i did it wrong but 3 attempt on diff frame rate i get this error than permission denied
What error?

VoVong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i try to get some movies on my DS, i have try to use Batch DPG but it keep saying stop working when i click run than i have to shut it down. DPGen work but when i convert it to DPG it has no sound or subtitle, DPGen really make teh video run more smoothly on my DS and no crash, SUPER give the same quality of graphic but when i try to skip scene it really laggy and sometime froze my DS, it audio after convert is mess up. SUPER converter support the subtitle while other convert that i use dont. Thank for the ideas guys but i think i will just have to find a laptop if i want to watch on my bed lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q