Hacking Problem with Acekard 2i

mangotrance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,i got some Problems with my Acekard 2i.
The problems started a week ago,when i putted the acekard into the DSi,it shows a white Card,in the system menu,with empty description box.When i boot the "game" it shows Please reboot DSi.
I opened the acekard,to be sure it is genuine,and the black glue melted itself a bit into the plastiv with the Acekard sticker on it.The Problems stopped,but now i got them again.
Do you know this "bug"?
I got the newest version of AKAIO on it,but it comes not so far to load the acekard menu.
I got the 1,4 Patch on it,so it shown a Danny Phantom catridge when it was ok,but not now.
I hope you can help me!

SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey me too! and it stared a week ago

At first, it worked fine in my DS lite, and I found out that reinserting it a few times in the DSi allows it to be recognized correctly sometimes. I tried transferring the inside of the Acekard to another cart, but it still doesn't work. Perhaps this is something with the actual code written on the cart itself? I'm hoping to get it recognized and reinstall the update that made it possible to bypass DSi 1.4. However, it's still not being recognized properly. Have you tried this? If you do, please tell me if it works!

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
You should use the paper-trick since it sounds like your card has a contact-issue
tongue.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoraKeyofFate said:
just wondering, does this mean that the cart is bricked? in which case... it is fixable?

If the cart is bricked, you should be able to unbrick it. Instructions are in this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218103#unbrick

But as i've said before, most people are able to fix the XL issue by pulling the cart of slightly out of the cart slot after insertion.

I don't have a DSi XL, but as so many are having this issue there must be a slight difference between the cart slot on the DSi and the cart slot on the XL.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's bad.

The Acekard's internal firmware could be corrupt. If you follow the unbricking guide already linked you may be able to fix it. You'll need another working cart to lanch the firmware update, and that may rewrite the entire firmware on your Acekard.

Mangotrance mentions "black glue melted itself" i'm guessing this refers to the epoxy/ resin on the "Glob-top" chip, is this also happening on yours?

There's a couple of photos here http://normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 of how the 'glob-top' should look.

mangotrance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thats the thing im refering to,mine looks like someone put Melted plastic on it and the Shell has a hole,too,not a real hole,but someting like that,i cant describe in englisch.
Unbriking wont help,cause it stopped working slowly,not from one second to the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.