Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they have a new hardware version that supports real time save now too. I think that makes it even more likely these older cards won't be worked on.
It's not a hardware revision, RTS was added to Wood in general and works on the older models as well. They just changed the sticker.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a hardware revision, RTS was added to Wood in general and works on the older models as well. They just changed the sticker.

Cool, didn't know that. It will be nice to have this feature on my older DS models. I will have to update it, this is the latest 1.57 release right?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS-XL is on 4.4.0-10U, and my R4i 3DS Gold gives me the 4.5.0-10 error screen when I try to play my flash cart now, and then 3DS keeps asking me to install the update when I open it from standby, and I keep refusing it. Does it do some pre-install to block the flash carts before the user has any interraction? I'm just not sure why my 4.4.0-10U compatible card worked fine before the update nags showed up, and now it doesn't boot my card anymore, eventhough I'm still on the 4.4.0-10U firmware...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS-XL is on 4.4.0-10U, and my R4i 3DS Gold gives me the 4.5.0-10 error screen when I try to play my flash cart now, and then 3DS keeps asking me to install the update when I open it from standby, and I keep refusing it. Does it do some pre-install to block the flash carts before the user has any interraction? I'm just not sure why my 4.4.0-10U compatible card worked fine before the update nags showed up, and now it doesn't boot my card anymore, eventhough I'm still on the 4.4.0-10U firmware...
Make sure the cart works on another DS. The R4iDS.CN uses a newer trick that needs to read data off the MicroSD to boot as well.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the cart works on another DS. The R4iDS.CN uses a newer trick that needs to read data off the MicroSD to boot as well.

It works fine on my DSi XL, 1.4.5.
My card is flashed to support 1.4.5 DSi, and 4.4.0-10U.
My 3DS is on 4.4.0-10U, with the 4.5.0-10U pending installation, nagging me to update.

My card used to work fine in my 3DS, but now I get the error that 4.5.0-10U users get every time I try to boot into Wood. Do the pending 3DS updates pre-install some sort of stub, blocking my card eventhough the update hasn't taken place yet?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
My 3DS is on 4.4.0-10U, with the 4.5.0-10U pending installation, nagging me to update.

My card used to work fine in my 3DS, but now I get the error that 4.5.0-10U users get every time I try to boot into Wood. Do the pending 3DS updates pre-install some sort of stub, blocking my card eventhough the update hasn't taken place yet?

if its a metroid rev C card the latest compatibility update was for 4.3.0

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

No there's no pre-update stuff.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
if its a metroid rev C card the latest compatibility update was for 4.3.0
It shipped with Dorasu, but I've updated the card since the Metroid patch to the new Dorasu icon, showing a little Japanese guy with his arms up in the air. Works on my 1.4.5 DSi no problems.

armarni

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think these cards are going to be updatable. The fact that the R4ids.cn team authorised Zhuzuchina.com to replace these cards free of charge a few months ago, even if they had been bought from another retailer, shows that the cards are proving too problematic to update. It also shows that the team do care about their customers, and hats off to zhuzuchina for taking the trouble to swap out the cards. (All this was discussed at length on page 18 of this thread back in February, and as a result of that I sent my card and received a free replacement last week.)

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think these cards are going to be updatable. The fact that the R4ids.cn team authorised Zhuzuchina.com to replace these cards free of charge a few months ago, even if they had been bought from another retailer, shows that the cards are proving too problematic to update. It also shows that the team do care about their customers, and hats off to zhuzuchina for taking the trouble to swap out the cards. (All this was discussed at length on page 18 of this thread back in February, and as a result of that I sent my card and received a free replacement last week.)
Thats great but I didnt order from ZhuzhuChina so I have no form of insurance, just a busted card

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
No. The latest compatibility update for metroid was 4.4.0-10 (with the metroid update).

hmm very confusing
does that mean there
The new patch for DSi/XL V1.45 is released now! (for DSi/XL V1.45 only)(Jan.23,2013)
11.gif

made all older cards work on 4.4.0-10?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm very confusing
does that mean there
The new patch for DSi/XL V1.45 is released now! (for DSi/XL V1.45 only)(Jan.23,2013)
11.gif

made all older cards work on 4.4.0-10?
No. The previous Metroid update made them to work on 4.4.0-10 (3DS). Previously it was Dorasu. The new update makes them to work on 1.4.5 (DSi).

Shadow_Boss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm guessing these guy's still haven't released an update for Revision C "Dorasu" (with the Halo and angel wings) ? Because I still haven't updated my 3ds I'm on version 4.3.0 lol :( ....they released a new card that will work on 5.0.0 3dsXL...I should have just bought the damn Supercard DSTWO seems like those folks aren't having issues...

I wanna access my store already -_- lol do games like fire emblem require a firmware update to play?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: