Hacking (Problem) losing my saved files from a preinstalled game after unlinking my NNID

pigcanfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all , sorry for this lengthy post. I was trying to install A9LH using the pialect guide using SD card 1 . Halfway during the part 4 (after formating the redNAND one time) , i was concerned about my preloaded game (animal crossing: new leaf) in SD card 2 that came with my 3ds when i bought it. Booted using the SD card 2 and realize the game is no way to be found in the menu. I am unable to login to my eshop to redownload the game as i am on sysNAND 9.20 - 20u .

I can however, redownload the game into SD card 1 when i login with my NNID. Is it possible for me to retrieve the save files from the SD card 2 and transfer into SD card 1 or at least be able to play the game again with my original save files or am I screwed?

I do have the following setup
A gateway 3ds cart (both red and blue)
HBL and menuhax on SD card 1
the sd card 2 which was supposed to have the game ?!

TLDR: want to extract old save files from another sd card

Thank you in advance.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
You're going to flash your very first SysNAND backup when you finish the guide. Nothing will be lost. Stick to the guide and don't try to fix things if you aren't sure how they work! :wink:

PS: You're on a temporary formatted state to clean the console before downgrading to 2.1 (don't modify things not specified in the guide or you are at risk of bricking when downgrading). Your saves are cyphered with your before-format keys. When you format, the keys change and your console can't read the saves. When you flash your backup at the end of the process, the keys will be restored and your saves readable again.

Last edited by EmuAGR,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

pigcanfly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi thanks for reply.

I realized that at the end of the guide. It states that i would require the sd card to boot. If so, how can i access the SD card 2 which does not have the files required for the hack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: