Problem installing astral chain. Help?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by realrj, Oct 19, 2019.

1. realrj
    OP

realrj GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    Hey guys :) my friend is currently on latest atmosphere and fw9.0.1 and he's getting this error message when he tries to install astral chain. He installed Witcher 3 without any problems. But it's the third time he gets a different nsp and he gets the same error.

I don't have that game so I can't help him out understanding what may be the issue

He gets the attached error message when installing it through goldleaf (tinfoil doesn't work on his atmosphere release apparently)

Thank you very much

Attached Files:

2. realrj
    OP

realrj GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    Also, he told me he installed sigpatches already but I don't know if he got the right ones or if it can be something else

3. microwavedtoast

microwavedtoast Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2016
    United States
    go to bootloader on sd root and add the line kip1patch=nosigchk to hekate_ipl.ini under atmosphere

4. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I am on 9.0.1 and using Atmosphere, and I'm using the latest Tinfoil and it works, it should be no different for your friend unless he's not using the latest release.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Oct 20, 2019
  5. realrj
    OP

realrj GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    Thanks a lot guys. I'll let him know :D

6. realrj
    OP

realrj GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    It seems he already has nosigpatch on his file

Attached Files:

7. Maupiti

Maupiti GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    France
    Tell him to make a clean install of atmosphere (forget Kosmos) and grab joonies sigpatches

8. realrj
    OP

realrj GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    Is there a guide on how to do a clean atmosphere install? I only have a guide for kosmos that I gave him. I would also like to do it on my own but I'm afraid if bricking the console.

I found guides that tell me how to install atmosphere, but not for an already exploited console with another system

Thank you

9. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Three ways this can be fixed.

1. Try joonies patches already mentioned.
    2. Try different installer. (Lithium buts its blacklisted on atmos)
    3. Get XCI version & convert to nsp.

Clean atmosphere: Just download atmosphere cfw from github page & drop into your sd card. Then drop joonies patches in the right folder. Remove any folders that came with kosmos first.

10. akramff

akramff GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have the same problem here,
    The thing is that i have 2 consoles one with sxos and works flawlessly before that i was using reinx cfw with tinfoil (old ver.) And now am on 9.0.1 with 100% backups compatibility thats for the 1st, for the 2nd on the other hand i think that there is something unstable i dont know whats the problem
    I tried 9.0.1 atmosphere with cosmos and gold leaf only 3 nsps worke the others either could not be installed or i received the same error like (realrj)
    I tried to use tinfoil the old ver. I got an error tried the new one i couldnt use it at all , i downgraded the fw to 8.0.1 cuz the fuses were not burnt i had the same issues , be adviced that all the nsps that i got error from working normally on the first console,
    I hope that the problem is with the cfw and not the console. Any advices from you guys or help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted