Hardware Pro Controller shells now available

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And don't be surprised if we get clear dock shells by the end of the year. Can't guarantee it, but it's in the works.

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just the photo
But that purple looks darker than OG atomic purple on my GBC
If you're gonna do nostalgia get it right :P

With that said bring on Spice Orange

Last edited by dude1,

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just the photo
But that purple looks darker than OG atomic purple on my GBC
If you're gonna do nostalgia get it right :P

With that said bring on Spice Orange

It looks much darker, because only the back cover and front cover are purple. The part that houses the control sticks and other main board is left intact, and is smoke black. Makes the purple look different. They won't be making the orange color. They've already stopped production of the orange and watermelon colored joycon shells, so whatever is left out there of those, will be it once they're gone.

There is the possibility that a plain clear shell will be coming out for the pro controller also, but that depends on demand for it. The colors released (other than the SNES, which was made because almost everything retro is cool again now) were the best sellers of the joycon shell colors that were offered.

Here's another picture showing it with the purple switch shell and purple joycons.

Reactions: Testo90 and dude1

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP with pics of all 5 color options.

The ice blue is definitely a different shade of blue compared to the ice blue joycon shells. The joycons are more teal, and the pro shell is a much more vibrant blue. Looks really nice.

g00s3y

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Super Switch logo optional like on the console case?

Unfortunately no. They come on all of them. It does feel raised, like it could be removed/rubbed off. I'm not sure if it can, but you can definitely "feel" the letters there in the middle when you run your finger over it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the purple looks closer to grape than atomic purple

All 3 clear colors, do seem to have a "deeper" color than the joycons. The white verisons match up well, and I think the white looks the best.

Also, the SNES gray and solid white come with matching grip handles.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended