Hardware Pro Action Replay DSi compability.

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic states, I pulled out my Pro Action Replay DSi to use with my 3DS. The website states that its incompatible, but I'm checking here to see if it's just to get me to buy a new one.

Is there an update tool or anything I can use for it? Or should I just borrow a friends DSi and update it that way.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
According to CodeJunkies, it should be compatible with the 3DS, but surely has been blocked with a firmware update if it's undetected on your system.

http://us.codejunkie...__EF001012.aspx

The latest firmware it worked on was 4.4.0-10

http://us.codejunkie...?article_id=451

If it fails to boot, contact the tech support and await further updates.

It would only work in DS Mode anyways - no 3DS/DSiEnhanced cheat codes.

Reactions: 1 person

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on using it for Pokemon Black 2, I want a Victini.

And thanks for the links, I guess I'm stuck using my ARDS on a friends DSi, I used the first one, downloaded an update, and lo and behold, it said that my AR is incompatible with a 3DS. I'm suprised it didn't tell me to buy a new one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I plan on using it for Pokemon Black 2, I want a Victini.

And thanks for the links, I guess I'm stuck using my ARDS on a friends DSi, I used the first one, downloaded an update, and lo and behold, it said that my AR is incompatible with a 3DS. I'm suprised it didn't tell me to buy a new one.
That's a shame. The new one surely has modified hardware, hence the incompatibility. If you have a flashcart, you could always use Pokesav. If you *really* want that Pokemon, simply request one of the other members to "make" one for you and trade with you - Black 2/White 2 is compatible with Black/White trading, isn't it?

RyuKisargi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might be, but one of the friends in my group has a white DSL, so I'll just bring my PAR with me tommorow and use hers.

And I don't have a flashcart, I honestly got my 3DS for Paper Mario and Animal Crossing, (( Plus my iPad was in danger of being broken, I traded it in during Gamestop's summer promotions and got $400 for the thing. Baseline model, too. ))

I'm reasonably sure a flashcart wouldn't be a good idea, I'm waiting until the various hack-groups open up the 3DS and I can but ambassador games on it. >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1