Hacking Private Headers

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Every cartridge has its own unique header.
So as long as you're the only one to access that cartridge, it'll be a private header. (So long as you actually injected it into your template file :P)

Like I suggested before, you can check your backed up save / cartridges header using either Gateway Rom patcher (rom) or HxD (Sav file) to see its header.
You can then open the Template file with notepad & the header should be at the top of each game.

You can also compare the stock Template to the one you've modified with your Template editor of choice.
Since I injected it into my template, Am I safe to go online without any worries as to being banned?

wtfboom3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long as you injected your own private header, yes.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. All the guy/girl wanted was to make sure he/she was using the correct header, which needs to be checked with a hex editor from the save file. It's like you just read the first post and was like "yep, let's explain how to extract your header!".

Since I injected it into my template, Am I safe to go online without any worries as to being banned?

The header looks like 8B A0 99 and stuff like that. Open your template.txt, it's the 5th line after the SHA1 line. So backup your save, open with Hex Editor, and check if you find those numbers on the start-ish of the file. If it's there, you're good to go. If it's not, try rewriting the games again.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. All the guy/girl wanted was to make sure he/she was using the correct header, which needs to be checked with a hex editor from the save file. It's like you just read the first post and was like "yep, let's explain how to extract your header!".

The header looks like 8B A0 99 and stuff like that. Open your template.txt, it's the 5th line after the SHA1 line. So backup your save, open with Hex Editor, and check if you find those numbers on the start-ish of the file. If it's there, you're good to go. If it's not, try rewriting the games again.

My response started from when @Ohana_Honokusu asked what a header looks like, which I gave the links / info for & expanded from there.
If you look at how to extract your header & use it with other programs, it's not very hard to figure out what it looks like. Considering it's shown in the steps. >_>

Edit: This is not a shot at you Ohana, just explaining things to @wtfboom3 :P

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I found XX XX XX at the start of my 5th line(For every game on the Template) Am I safe?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My response started from when @Ohana_Honokusu asked what a header looks like, which I gave the links / info for & expanded from there.
If you look at how to extract your header & use it with other programs, it's not very hard to figure out what it looks like. Considering it's shown in the steps. >_>

Edit: This is not a shot at you Ohana, just explaining things to @wtfboom3 :P
That's ok ;)

Last edited by Ohana_Honokusu,

wtfboom3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found XX XX XX at the start of my 5th line(For every game on the Template) Am I safe?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's ok ;)

Ok, first, edit your post and erase those numbers (just in case). Your private header is the WHOLE line (don't share it with anyone).

To check if it's working, open the diskwriter and backup the save from game you already played after writing with the new template.
Then, open this .sav file with an hex editor and look for your private header. It should be somewhere close to the top of the file (like within the first 20 lines). If you find it, you did everything correctly and can play online.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, first, edit your post and erase those numbers (just in case). Your private header is the WHOLE line (don't share it with anyone).

To check if it's working, open the diskwriter and backup the save from game you already played after writing with the new template.
Then, open this .sav file with an hex editor and look for your private header. It should be somewhere close to the top of the file (like within the first 20 lines). If you find it, you did everything correctly and can play online.
Which Hex Editor should I use?

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All right, I just checked my save, only I got FF FF FF pretty much the whole line from 5th through the last one, I got error code 002-123, that I can't use this game card online. Luckily, I didn't get banned. What messed up? o_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: