NULL

Private headers and Sky3ds+

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ENDvy, Oct 11, 2017.

1. ENDvy
    OP

ENDvy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Canada
    I recently bought a sky3ds+ and i wanna play online, I read about private headers and i have a question, Do you need a new private header for each rom in the sky3ds+, and do the headers have to be from the same game, ie if i wanna play moon online, do i have to get a private header from a copy of moon, or any game will do?

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You can use the header from any retail cartridge you own for all ROMs. Also, why did you spend that much money when you could have gotten an R4i Gold RTS to install custom firmware for loads cheaper?

Last edited by Joom, Oct 11, 2017
    GalladeGuy and Quantumcat like this.
  3. ENDvy
    OP

ENDvy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2017
    Canada
    I dont wanna homebrew my 2dsxl, and I want to play 3ds games. In the future, I'll buy an R4I gold rts, but not while my 2ds is under warrenty

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I get that, but ntrboot would allow you to fix all kinds of software bricks yourself, the chances of the hardware breaking on its own are very slim and the warranty isn't gonna cover damage caused by you, so there's not really much to worry about.

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    The Sky3DS+ (and any flashcart for that matter) is homebrew running on your console. I fail to understand your logic. '_>'

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No it's not. The Sky3DS pretends to be a real game cartridge. There's no homebrew going on.

Uumas likes this.
  7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    In literal terms it is homebrew because every bit of it is developed by an unlicensed third party. There's plenty of homebrew going on.

8. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Why do you not want to homebrew your 2DSXL?
    Also, CFW can play 3DS games in CIA games (.3DS games can be converted to .CIA games very easily)

9. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No, homebrew is when user-made software is able to run on a console that normally wouldn't allow it. With the Sky3DS, as far as the console is concerned it is running a game cartridge like it is supposed to, only. The software that is being run is original game code (not user made) and the thing that is tricking the console is hardware.

In the case of DS homebrew running on a DS flashcart, there is hardware involved, but the code being run is user made. In the case of 3DS piracy on CFW, the code being run (for the game) is not user made but the code run by the console to allow the game code to be run is user made.