Hacking Private header in Sky3DS+ into a >4GB file?

mike9234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

First, I have the Sky3DS+ V112, and the latest firmware for the N3DSXL (I think it's 10.6 US?)

Anyways, I was wondering first of how to split a 3ds file if it's greater than 4GB? For example, Bravely Default will not transfer over to my micro SD card as it's too large. Is there a utility I can use to trim the file so that I can transfer it to the micro SD card?

Finally, if I do trim Bravely Default, can I still apply my private header to the game so I can use the online functions? Or would it be that since it's now trimmed, it'll probably mess up with the functionality of the game/its online services?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have a clean dump,the size of the game will always be 2^x bit, because of the chip size which holds the game.when you trim a rom the size will be reduced effectively erasing the "0"s at the end of a gameimage. It's like deleting free space. Also the system update partition inside the gameimage will be erased too, saving more space (you only need it if your 3ds is below the required fw.)

Trimming doesn't affect the gameplay in any way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj