Hacking Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands - New anti-piracy?

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, it doesn't mean anything if we are reading wii hacking topics. I have bought the game and other too as well because they worth it. The reason that I was checking this board if to play my original disc. Hopefully I found a solution without freezing issues at all. But it's not always piracy. Let's support the companies that they bring us great titles. When we are getting shovelware and party games and minigames and crappy games it's our fault too. Red Steel 2 and Prince of Persia TFS are GREAT games from Ubisoft.

A

armand66

To those who say it freezes with the ppf patch, maybe you should both try updating to cIOS rev 19 and see if that makes the diff, as im seeing rev17 and rev15 being used by you guys.

Seems to work fine on PAL 4.2e, cIOS REV19 using the same patch.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be testing my patched dol later using Wiiflow R25 and IOS249Rev 17. I enjoyed POP last night using Rev9, hopefully Rev17 works. As much as i enjoyed it, i would not trade my Triiforce functionality for one game
smile.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the patch from this thread and rev19base57 works, at least for a few minutes, i didn't really like the feel so i shut it off and went back to trying to finish galaxy 1. it might freeze, i cannot confirm.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Confirming that it works on Wiiflow R25 and Cios38 Rev 17 with main.dol manually HxD. Amazing Job by the Scene!

PIERCED6966

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ALot of people seem to be forgetting, going on about piracy but the fact remains, if u own the original by law u are entitled to make a copy for ur own means, now the fact they put anti copying stuff on to stop u making a genuine copy for urselfs is against the law in itself but no one mentions that.

Unless when u buy the game they are going to start giving u two copies there is nothing to stop u making a copy and if u have a copy as alot on here want then its obviouse they want that copy to work.

Not long ago some one actually sued madonna for putting protection on a music cd and won, under british law we are entitled to make a copy as long as we own the original.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PIERCED6966 said:
ALot of people seem to be forgetting, going on about piracy but the fact remains, if u own the original by law u are entitled to make a copy for ur own means, now the fact they put anti copying stuff on to stop u making a genuine copy for urselfs is against the law in itself but no one mentions that.

Unless when u buy the game they are going to start giving u two copies there is nothing to stop u making a copy and if u have a copy as alot on here want then its obviouse they want that copy to work.

Not long ago some one actually sued madonna for putting protection on a music cd and won, under british law we are entitled to make a copy as long as we own the original.
This is a popular misconception. Nintendo uses a proprietary disc format and is entitled to use their own copy protection. The breaking or circumvention of said copy protection is illegal under international copyright law and also voids your agreement with the Nintendo Terms of Service. Furthermore, this rule only applies if you personally make the copy; downloading, uploading, or otherwise distributing or obtaining the game in any way is illegal. This has been true for every Nintendo console and game in history - there is no such thing as a legal Nintendo backup copy.

Also, show me your receipt.

I'm not anti-piracy or anything, I'm just tired of people lying to themselves or others about what they're doing.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In Germany and in France at least its allowed to make backups of music and to give this backups to 7 friends.
But about movies and games its illegal.

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
taktularCBo said:
In Germany and in France at least its allowed to make backups of music and to give this backups to 7 friends.

Here in germany it's allowed to:
Copy any music and movies for your familie and the best friends, we call it "private copy".
But this is only allowed if there is no copy protection!

Fobidden:
Any copy of protected music and movies and also it's forbidden to copy computer programs with or without protection.

royrob69

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
taktularCBo said:

we dont live in the same country then, it was allowed to make a copy for yourself and that's all, never you could give backup to friends

but you cant anymore, now copy are strictly forbiden whatever is the support, check laws guy

PIERCED6966

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]This is a popular misconception. Nintendo uses a proprietary disc format and is entitled to use their own copy protection. The breaking or circumvention of said copy protection is illegal under international copyright law and also voids your agreement with the Nintendo Terms of Service. Furthermore, this rule only applies if you personally make the copy; downloading, uploading, or otherwise distributing or obtaining the game in any way is illegal. This has been true for every Nintendo console and game in history - there is no such thing as a legal Nintendo backup copy.

Also, show me your receipt.

I'm not anti-piracy or anything, I'm just tired of people lying to themselves or others about what they're doing.
[/quote]

I think you will find that any contract you have between nintendo and urself has no effect under british sale of goods act.
They can say what the hell they want in the warrenty but the sale of goods act uphelds anything they may say.
For example if you buy a TV in england u may only have a 12 month warrenty but the sales of good act states that just because they give u a 12 month warrenty if it goes after that, even up to 5 yrs, you are entitled to repair or replacement.
The same goes for any media you have bought, if i wish to make a copy then i can.
And as for the claim of people lying to themselfs, sorry i didnt claim to have bought it but alot of people in the thread are claiming to have bought it and as such are within there rights to have a copy that works.

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While in some countries it is allowed to make a backup of a game you own, it is actually illegal to circumvent any copyright protection.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PIERCED6966 said:
I think you will find that any contract you have between nintendo and urself has no effect under british sale of goods act.
They can say what the hell they want in the warrenty but the sale of goods act uphelds anything they may say.
For example if you buy a TV in england u may only have a 12 month warrenty but the sales of good act states that just because they give u a 12 month warrenty if it goes after that, even up to 5 yrs, you are entitled to repair or replacement.
The same goes for any media you have bought, if i wish to make a copy then i can.
And as for the claim of people lying to themselfs, sorry i didnt claim to have bought it but alot of people in the thread are claiming to have bought it and as such are within there rights to have a copy that works.
Do you even understand the Sale of Goods Act?
It effectively gives the buyer protection against faulty merchandise and not much else. Since Nintendo products are reasonably guaranteed to be of good quality and use, if your game breaks down shortly after buying it you can demand repair or replacement; you may pursue this as part of an agreement with the seller or as legal or class action against the manufacturer. It NEVER permits you to make duplicates, circumvent copy protection, or ignore the terms and conditions. All of Nintendo's claims hold. I challenge you to find the sections of the Act that backs up what you're saying.

Furthermore, nearly every international copyright law states that backup copies of software are illegal if they require the circumvention of copy protection or if they violate the copyright holder's terms (which in this case they do).

Now that we're nice and off-topic, I'd like to confirm that I got PoP working with a manually-patched main.dol, cIOS249 rev17, and both CoverFloader and cLoader forwarder channels.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
In Sweden its actually legal to bypass the copy protection, since you are allowed to have a backupNo.

QUOTECan I make a back up copy of my purchased game?
No, you can't make a back up of any software unless it's necessary or if the program gives you the opportunity. So far no court have found a back up of game necessary when playing a game.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Szalkow said:
linuxares said:
In Sweden its actually legal to bypass the copy protection, since you are allowed to have a backupNo.

QUOTECan I make a back up copy of my purchased game?
No, you can't make a back up of any software unless it's necessary or if the program gives you the opportunity. So far no court have found a back up of game necessary when playing a game.

Please read the law text and not a site made of gaming companies
tongue.gif

EDIT: Correction also, you are allowed to bypass the copy protection if it makes the product you bought unusable (for example playing DVD movies in Linux. Before DVD-Jon)

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HiBit said:
taktularCBo said:

Here in germany it's allowed to:
Copy any music and movies for your familie and the best friends, we call it "private copy".
But this is only allowed if there is no copy protection!

Fobidden:
Any copy of protected music and movies and also it's forbidden to copy computer programs with or without protection.

Nein, dass umgehen des Kopierschutzes wurde doch 2008 bei Musik für legal geachtet.
Since 2008 its legal again (as far as i know)

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
royrob69 said:
taktularCBo said:

we dont live in the same country then, it was allowed to make a copy for yourself and that's all, never you could give backup to friends

but you cant anymore, now copy are strictly forbiden whatever is the support, check laws guy

Im half french and I live in Germany and maybe laws are different sur L'Île de Beauté
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/iqu132vTl5Y?si=MZw4KpDtlawLZNEF