Hacking Priiloader Question

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NIGHTMAREroosky said:
Priiloader changes your nand so does injecting the original backup nand undo these changes?
Yes, just as long as the backup was made before PriiLoader was installed. Also, you can use the PriiLoader installer or NandClean to remove the PriiLoader settings file from the Nand and PriiLoader itself. Note that just re-installing the SM will remove PriiLoader but will leave behind the settings file.

-[]D

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you reflash a bootmii backup made prior to a priiloader install, then yes...

but, there are easier ways to getting rid of priiloader though: reinstalling your system menu will also remove it....

EDIT: DAMMIT, is there an echo in here...totally ninja'd

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
brausm08 said:
..... EDIT: DAMMIT, is there an echo in here...totally ninja'd
ninja.gif
heheh

-[]D

installermss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this might be an old post but I am new to this site and can't find how to start a new topic. Forgive me. I modded my Wii long ago, 4.0 menu to be exact. I recently wanted to add some new stuff so I formatted (to bring back to stock) the Wii and tried to update by internet and it failed. I then tried an update via disc and it failed as well. I did notice that priiloader is still bootable but won't let me go into the hack menu any more. I tried remodding it and reinstalling priiloader but still nothing. I can't update and am thinking of getting rid of it so I don't want the next owner to not be able to update or anything. I have modded several Wiis and haven't seen this yet...help me figure this out please.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is a small homebrew program called "magic word" that can take you directly to the priiloader setup page.
Some of the priiloader hacks have as purpose to prevent the system to update and overwrite the softmod like priiloader itself,
So you can't blaim the program from preventing this to work. It's just doing it's job.

You say it won't let you go into the hack menu anymore? What happens if you power the wii and 'hold' the reset button during startup?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Which version of priiloader do you have? It's possible that all you need to do is just put the hacks.ini (or hacks_hash.ini) in the root of the SD card again. Most likely, you just have the internet & disc updates block hack enabled (that or your internet is incorrectly configured).

Just so you know: neither formatting the wii nor updating by internet will properly eliminate all traces of hacking. And I don't see why you're reformatting things to add new stuff. Not only is it useless at best, it's also dangerous if you remove the wrong stuff. If you want to rehack, treating it as a virgin wii is usually (or even always) the best option.

EDIT: and oh: to create a new topic, there's a button just above the stickies on the right side of the screen called "start new topic".

EDIT 2: hmm...it's also on the bottom right, just below all the threads. Was it really that hard to find?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel