Hacking Priiloader protection

viperuws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sadly I have probably one of the first models of wii with the boot2 update so no reliable bootmii for me.

So that leads me to the question of how much protection does Priiloader actually provide.

From my understanding since it loads before the system menu, the only way to brick it would be to mess with the ios that loads priiloader or mess with the priiloader installation itself.

Stuff like banners and installing a bad wad or something shouldn't brick it?

Edit: currently I have Priiloader installed along with bootmii as an ios

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i have priiloader and bootmii as IOS and priiloader has saved me from so many bricks when making new hacks in themes that ive lost count

up to now its never let me down

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Priiloader will do fine as long as you don't go too crazy
tongue.gif

Bannerbricks and Theme bricks can perfectly be recovered with Priiloader.
Also, block updates if you haven't done that already
smile.gif

viperuws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Priiloader will do fine as long as you don't go too crazy
tongue.gif

Bannerbricks and Theme bricks can perfectly be recovered with Priiloader.
Also, block updates if you haven't done that already
smile.gif

I added the hacks.ini or whatever to my sd root but when I click system menu hacks it says there are no hacks for my version.
frown.gif

Edit: just found some premade ones but they aren't for 3.3u =(

viperuws

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diddy81 said:
look here and find your version then just copy it in to the hacks.ini file on your sd

Ya sadly 3.3 isnt supported and I am somewhat scared of updating to 4.1-4.2 and I have heard bad things about downgrading in general. hmmm

Would Priiloader prevent me bricking from an update to 4.1 or 4.2? =D And what is the benefit to updating all of the ios's over just the system menu? (reading the completesg guide)

I guess after reading DOP-mii will warn you if you don't have the right ios installed there by preventing some bricks.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
viperuws said:
diddy81 said:
look here and find your version then just copy it in to the hacks.ini file on your sd

Ya sadly 3.3 isnt supported and I am somewhat scared of updating to 4.1-4.2 and I have heard bad things about downgrading in general. hmmm

Would Priiloader prevent me bricking from an update to 4.1 or 4.2? =D And what is the benefit to updating all of the ios's over just the system menu? (reading the completesg guide)

I guess after reading DOP-mii will warn you if you don't have the right ios installed there by preventing some bricks.

Go ahead with 4.1 firmware, no problems. I was on 3.3 2 month ago. Now I have Bootmii and Priiloader and all run very fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs