Homebrew Priiloader installer mod with cIOS and AHB support (looking for testers)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, even if everything works as is, I'm not done yet. I took a closer look at the menu code, and... :( It's so f*cking messy. I know I'd be better off just rewriting it from scratch (a daunting task), but at least for now I'm just going through and making some basic optimizations. The most common code I've changed is the input code. Here's an example:
http://pastie.org/8172010

I repeatedly turn 8 lines into 2 lines. I saved over 100 lines of code from that.

I'll upload a new version when I'm done.

Note: These changes won't make any noticeable difference to the end user, but it makes the code a lot easier to read. If a bug is discovered, cleaner code is very helpful for hunting down the issue.

Reactions: MassiveRican

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've uploaded what will likely be the last release before I upload a final version. If all of you could re-test it, I'd very much appreciate it. :)

Edit: It would also be helpful if someone could confirm that it works either with a GC or Classic controller.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course, final versions should always be tested thoroughly. Well I used my LoZ golden WiiMote which I believe is a TR remote, Priiloader installed and uninstalled fine, hacks worked well, and I was able to install/uninstall with a GC remote and navigate through Priiloader itself and choose hacks and change settings, however I was not able to install/uninstall with my CC or navigate through in Priiloader at all. I didn't try my CC attached to a non TR remote I'll give that a try next.

EDIT: NON TR remote same issue, seems like CC support is broken for me.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Also tried mod 6 same result
classics work fine though in DMM's 0.8 b2 mod posted in his neocorp poc thread

Also that thread has this classic hacks file with more stuff
Also DMM converted neocorp hack to hacks hash format I have it for 450/54450 in this hacks_hash file He also converted it for other systems but I don't have ithttps://www.dropbox.com/s/shq9fyfdz0gax7t/hacks_hash.ini

If you like replace the ones you have with those
@damysteryma in case you read this can you please post the neocorp hacks_hash so that we can include them too :)

P.S. I also suggest a fresh new icon for the final release ;)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Also tried mod 6 same result
classics work fine though in DMM's 0.8 b2 mod posted in his neocorp poc thread
Do you happen to have a link on hand?

Could you enable classic hacks, use FSBrowser/FSToolobx to dump title\00000001\00000002\data from your NAND, and upload all the .ini files in there? I'd ask you to upload everything in the folder, but it might have copyrighted content.

Yep your Icons are fantastic joostinonline, when finalized u should pimp out the icon a bit
Thanks, I'll do that (unless I feel too lazy). :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
That's not what I meant, I thank'em too, I was referring to the fact that the mod looks exactly the same as the original and it needs a tiny touch to make it visually recognizable. I thought about font or background color since these should be easy to change. but even if it stays as is, it's still very cool :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill