Homebrew [Preview] cpp3ds - Homebrew library and environment tutorial (for developers)

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll need some more time on this since I'm busy with other stuff (going to release ScummVM tomorrow probably).

I haven't tested it on Windows, but I know for sure it won't work without some changes. I also think I have some commits I need to push still. This is a good framework that I've used with my games, but I need to clean it up and I've been too busy lol.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll need some more time on this since I'm busy with other stuff (going to release ScummVM tomorrow probably).

I haven't tested it on Windows, but I know for sure it won't work without some changes. I also think I have some commits I need to push still. This is a good framework that I've used with my games, but I need to clean it up and I've been too busy lol.
Good to hear you are releasing ScummVM soon (maybe tomorrow :) ) and this is indeed a very good framework. I'm surprised by how little atention this has gotten. Hope that when you have more time you can also make it work on Windows!

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Starting my journey with this framework, i think i'm going to port my simple cellular automaton as a test, i'm surprised how little attention this has got.

pacoo2454

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just came across this library and love what you are doing with it as I have been learning SFML and have wanted to get into homebrew development on the 3ds. I installed the 0.3 release package from the cpp3ds github and downloaded the most recent template and was following your instructions on how to build it. I seem to be running into some issues when calling make. This is the error I am getting pastebin.com/V3LkQaWf

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just came across this library and love what you are doing with it as I have been learning SFML and have wanted to get into homebrew development on the 3ds. I installed the 0.3 release package from the cpp3ds github and downloaded the most recent template and was following your instructions on how to build it. I seem to be running into some issues when calling make. This is the error I am getting pastebin.com/V3LkQaWf
There are some quirks to the current build which is unstable, but the template should definitely compile fine.

For some reason it's not linking properly. Did you have the CPP3DS env variable defined? And could you run "make VERBOSE=1" so I can better see what's happening? It's clearly not linking it properly.

pacoo2454

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the late reply. I left town shortly after posting the message and didn't have my development computer with me. I ended up figuring out what the issues was. apparently when I used the script to setup devkitarm/devkitpro it was installed to a directory that required me to use sudo. but when i was using sudo my environment variables werent being used. everything is compiled and installed and running fine now. thanks :)

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is awesome. Great work on this. Is this project still active?
Well, I still use it, but I haven't made much of an effort to iron out the difficult setup and make a guide to using/installing it. I probably should since I think it can be useful for devs.

fortedsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I still use it, but I haven't made much of an effort to iron out the difficult setup and make a guide to using/installing it. I probably should since I think it can be useful for devs.
It really looks useful! I watched the demo video you made and the coding syntax looks really straightforward. I hope you'll be able to get around to making a setup guide someday.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on 1337 posts :-)

I hope that you will continue to work on this. SFML is really exciting to have on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol