Hacking Preloader v0.3 possibly bricked my wii, HELP PLEASE

yoppoyyoppoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, first to start off, i had preloader 0.3 already on my wii (4.1), evaything worked great. After, i used the SAFE 4.2 Upgrade mehtod, and eveything worked great, EXEPT Preloder did NOT show up. It showed an error when i tryed to install preloader NORMALLY "+", so then i used the other method to install it: "B & +", it installed it this time, but when preloader shows up, i CAN NOT get into system menu, what do i do

I do have a back up of the NAND, but boot mii WONT let me back it up even though it is MY back up, is there any other nand backup software that mabey I can use,
I CAN get into homebrew channel though,

please, I really need help, thanks

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
Yes, try and change your IOS to 249 (unless you have System Menu 4.2 installed).

If you still can't get in, install a WAD of your System Menu IOS (For you, it would be IOS70.) You can download it through NUS Downloader or Dop-IOS. That way, you should be able to get back into the System Menu.

If that still doesn't work, Install a WAD of your System Menu (from your own reigon!). This will uninstall preloader, though, so be careful.

EDIT: Just read you were on 4.2 now. You'll need to grab IOS70.
smile.gif

EDIT (again XD): Once you do get you menu working again, you'll need an ES_Identify patched version of IOS70 for preloader to work. YOu can probably do this from freethebug.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or try IOS60. It's basically the same as IOS70 minus a few piracy checks and since you had preloader on 4.1 it should already be patched. ^^

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What bootmii are you using? If it was beta 3, there's a topic here on the boards about it, and somewhere inside the topic there's a program that will fix your nand dump and let it work.

yoppoyyoppoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait... earlier i mentioned i installed Preloader 0.3 with "B & +", do you guys think I can unistall it using "B & -", tat could mess up my system i think, if it does, then its bricked for sure.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
razorback78 said:
try to use 249...
worst idea EVER

i was forced to use 249 for system menu once and i had the most random crashes for system menu ive ever had
+ it couldn't read gc games then...

That's a bit harsh don't you think? IOS249 will at least get him back to the system menu long enough to get his IOSes sorted out. Then he can go back to using a properly patched IOS70.

biddlebubbly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader did this to my wii as well. Almost nothing would launch from preloader, and I didn't have HBC. Here's what I did:

I launched the HackMii installer to install HBC. It went to HBC after installing and exiting (though it still wouldn't launch from preloader).

From the HBC I ran the 4.2 Safe Updater again. It reinstalled the system menu and removed preloader.

After that I was fine and just had to patch IOS 70. Now I'm using startpatch instead.

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
urherenow said:
Daco said:
razorback78 said:
try to use 249...
worst idea EVER

i was forced to use 249 for system menu once and i had the most random crashes for system menu ive ever had
+ it couldn't read gc games then...

That's a bit harsh don't you think? IOS249 will at least get him back to the system menu long enough to get his IOSes sorted out. Then he can go back to using a properly patched IOS70.
o rly?
couldn't he just boot homebrew channel instead
wink.gif

much easier and better

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me when i installed preloader .30 on my 4.2 wii.
The thing causing it was the system menu hacks.Before i even went into the hacks menu some hacks were enabled already.One of them being
Force Standard Recovery Mode.This was causing the wii to load to a black screen with 4.2USA in the bottom right corner of the screen every time i attempted to get to the system menu.Disabling this hack fixed it.

Hope this helps although im not sure if your case is the same as mine because you never mentioned anything about it saying 4.2 or 4.1USA in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny