Hacking preloader v0.1 by crediar

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no starfall wont help it cause preloader overwrites it, you could try savemefrii, and update from a Wii Game, but not sure if that will work cause your system menu is screwed

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think u need an original (non-starfall) system menu 3.2U for this to work. now i'm just tryin to decide if it's really worth downgrading, i mean i could just install starfall then, though i guess this is a little better, no tp hack required. any real disadvantage to downgrading to 3.2, any risks?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its close to the holidays, if your really careful how you open the box,
Thats just Wrong.lol

I was wondering, like the person said above if the starfall patch wasn't installed would this program load the system menu like it is apost to.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
it says in the description it replaces the system menu....don't really know what you guyz expected

its not a big enough program to replace the whole system menu, it must be patching it

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
theres a bug when u boot the wii, then system menu then try to turn off with the wiimote, it just boots back to the pre loader have to get up to turn wii off. should be an easy fix, just add an option to shutdown wii or add the power off code or something

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the quick support....

Yet... I am still very attracted to this... Too bad we don't know enough about it yet to get anywhere with it... or atleast I am speaking for myself...

Here's a question arising.... if I can get it to autoload a boot.dol... could a boot.dol contain something along the lines of loading a banner at start up patch the menu with Wans menu loader and maybe even sound.bin in there as well?? Am I getting anywhere with this? Or am I way off course?

Though this is sounding alot like bootmii/cSM type shit..

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Thanks guys for the quick support....

Yet... I am still very attracted to this... Too bad we don't know enough about it yet to get anywhere with it... or atleast I am speaking for myself...

Here's a question arising.... if I can get it to autoload a boot.dol... could a boot.dol contain something along the lines of loading a banner at start up patch the menu with Wans menu loader and maybe even sound.bin in there as well?? Am I getting anywhere with this? Or am I way off course?

Though this is sounding alot like bootmii/cSM type shit..
menu patcher does not work, bricks

o and how about an option to have it not load on boot, but load if you hold eject or something

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I talked to crediar, hence the reset to skip autoboot information, three people tested it so far and one of them was a brick ironically crediar's wii was the brick
frown.gif
So I guess we won't see any updates soon
wacko.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
I talked to crediar, hence the reset to skip autoboot information, three people tested it so far and one of them was a brick ironically crediar's wii was the brick
frown.gif
So I guess we won't see any updates soon
wacko.gif
ahh thats bad dude, i dont want to wait for ever for boot mii, seems all the coders keep bricking, wanin bricked with downgrader, fors with cms now crediar with Pre loader. the only people to not brick it would seem would be TT :S. shame everyone kinda lost friendship with TT 1st waninkoko then crediar. it was true about the wii community being the worst,

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the system menu gets touched at all on the NAND, starfall is automatically uninstalled.

Has anyone tried installing this preloader and then attempted to reinstall Starfall over it?

What this program needs is a reverse. Instead of autobooting the HBC, it needs to boot up regularly unless the Reset button is held down.

This is a useful app if your not using the system menu at all.

If there is a such thing as "autoupdating" this destroys it all!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a clean install of 3.2u without starfall, and still got a system corrupt when loading the system menu thorugh Preloader,
So after i install preloader i can no longer get the system menu to boot, So has anyone got it to load the system menu and how, what version\Region

3.2u i can't get to work
edit- Ok so PAL 3.2 WORKS so has anyone got 3.2u to work

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
No.. but installing the system menu-v278.wad did safetly unbrick my Wii...

Yet something keeps telling me to reinstall this again and play with it....but then the softer voice says no...it's dangerous!

Damn, I love living on the edge of some things in life... and thank god I have a backup wii...

Then there's always Walmart...cough!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: This one is pretty epic.