Hacking preloader systemmenu hacks won't work

zippy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already have hacks.ini loaded with USA v4.0 in the root of my sd card. This does not work.

Also, it does remove the warning screen. but it doesn't do sd region free or remove the background music. So I can confirm at least one hack is working. Why not the rest

D

Deleted User

You gotta give us more information. What makes you say the hacks doesn't work? The hacks setting ain't showing anything or enabled hacks doesn't work?

Regardless, follow TPG
mthrnitesmiley.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I'm on 3.2 and not all the hacks work either, and this is a known issue from a long ago, cause the patches made thru preloader are just theorical values, and apparently wrong ones..!!
wink.gif

zippy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
You gotta give us more information. What makes you say the hacks doesn't work? The hacks setting ain't showing anything or enabled hacks doesn't work?

Regardless, follow TPG
mthrnitesmiley.gif

The fact that the systemmenu hacks when enabled do not have any effect makes me say they don't work.

follow TPG? What is TPG?

revolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. I've tested the movable disc channel hack and the no bgm (I did not enable this though which is strange lol) and they work fine.

D

Deleted User

zippy said:
afif95 said:

Regardless, follow TPG
mthrnitesmiley.gif

The fact that the systemmenu hacks when enabled do not have any effect makes me say they don't work.

follow TPG? What is TPG?

TPG = The Preloader Guide. If you'd check my sig, you'd see the acronyms
sleep.gif

Regardless, I think you should start over. Follow TPG
mthrnitesmiley.gif

revolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zippy said:
revolution said:
I'm not sure. I've tested the movable disc channel hack and the no bgm (I did not enable this though which is strange lol) and they work fine.

What sm are you on?

Same as you, 4.0U and I'm using the hacks.ini from that link I posted above. I will probably do some more testing later although I always use freethewads if I can't find ntsc so if that one doesn't work it won't really be a problem.

revolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried a quick test of no bgm again and it does not work for me either. I'm thinking some just don't work like ether says.

zippy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I fiddled around with tpg and for some reason it started working. Moving the disc channel and the no bgm (yes! no more forgetting to turn it off and realizing I spent 30 minutes on the computer being hypnotized by the ringing) both work. I can't say what did it. I set the system ios to 36 when it started working, but then I can set it back to 60 and it still works. so maybe try ios36 in the preloader for a go to see if that fixes them if you're having the same problem. If that works, report here.

revolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zippy said:
Well I fiddled around with tpg and for some reason it started working. Moving the disc channel and the no bgm (yes! no more forgetting to turn it off and realizing I spent 30 minutes on the computer being hypnotized by the ringing) both work. I can't say what did it. I set the system ios to 36 when it started working, but then I can set it back to 60 and it still works. so maybe try ios36 in the preloader for a go to see if that fixes them if you're having the same problem. If that works, report here.

Success!

Ha, I changed ios to 36 and then back to ios60 and no bgm works for me now too. Let's hope everything else got fixed too.
smile.gif

zippy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
revolution said:
zippy said:

Success!

Ha, I changed ios to 36 and then back to ios60 and no bgm works for me now too. Let's hope everything else got fixed too.
smile.gif

Add this to the tpg guide!

Edit: I'm testing my channels on the sd back to the system memory and it turns out the ones that say "This channel can't be used." are actually corrupted. It has nothing to do with SD region free. I'm getting a hold of PAL and NTSC-J channels to put on my SD to confirm that this hack does work. Will report back very soon on the result.

EditEdit: Turns out some of them were corrupted, but in fact the SD region free mod does not work as some nonNTSC channels give "This channel can't be used". I'll keep trying.

revolution

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the creator of the guide has already posted here so we'll see how it goes.

I'm interested to see if ether can get his working using the method as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN