?
  1. Pre-order

    6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Bundle/

    1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. 7 voter(s)
  1. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    I'm trying to make up my mind on what to do.
    Should I pre-order or should I wait for the first bundles (black friday/christmas most likely).

    Of course I want to be able to run homebrew and I already failed to make the right choice with the nintendo switch (one of the first patched models) so I would like to know others opinions on this.
     
  2. proffk

    proffk GBAtemp Advanced Fan
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2013
    Messages:
    513
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    If your not desperate and don't care too much about next gen then you could wait for a bundle to come along. There's guaranteed to be stock shortages this holiday period caused by real world events and next gen hype. So you might be looking into next year if you want a bundle at a good price.
     
  3. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    I'm not really a next gen hoarder I just want to be sure I snatch a model that's actually mod-able in the future, which are usually the first gen models because they still have flaws so I'm trying to figure out what to do haha.

    I'm sure there will be some discounts during the holidays already, It'll release before that and then you get bundles because they want to market as much as possible during the holiday seasons.
     
  4. subcon959

    subcon959 teh retro
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3,173
    Country:
    You don't get discounts when demand is far higher than supply, but if you're happy to wait 6 months then you might get some deals.
     
  5. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    I don't really mind waiting, I just want to be sure I get a model that will (eventually) get a hack, I screwed up with Switch (got the first patched model..) already, I don't want to do that again, so I want to know what's the best idea for homebrew in the future.
     
  6. Mythical

    Mythical GBAtemp Advanced Maniac
    Member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2017
    Messages:
    1,975
    Country:
    United States
    The best thing to do is two buy 2 of the earliest model you can and leave one unopened until a full exploit is found, whileplaying the other.If you can only get one I would closet that one and def make it a preorder to get the earliest possible fw for better hacking chances
     
    Gekkodox likes this.
  7. Chary

    Chary Never sleeps
    Senior Editor

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2012
    Messages:
    9,480
    Country:
    United States
    Pre-order. No one really knows what the stock situation is going to be, I feel like. Corona’s made this gen launch a bit dubious so who knows what’s going to happen, or if “cheaper” bundles will be a thing soon.

    I’ve always found it easier to just buy the hackable console right as an exploit gets announced or teased. Assuming there’s not other unhackable models on the market. Most sellers aren’t aware they have a “rare” console until a few weeks after the fact.
     
  8. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    In my region people always seem to know they are patch models (going 600 euro+ for an unopened version) and the ones that don't know usually updated the firmware to something that can't be hacked haha.

    So from what I can tell so far (what most people say) pre-order.
    I know they're talking about buggy SoC already so there might be an exploit waiting to happen thrown in our lap.
     
  9. magico29

    magico29 GBAtemp Maniac
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2017
    Messages:
    1,464
    Country:
    United States
    Hell yeah!!!
     
  10. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    Well.. Pre-order failed for me because Sony is awesome.. it kept giving me a button that want's cllickable and after refreshing over again it was sold out..

    Hope the next model is still screwed up enough for an initial homebrew exploit but I doubt it.

    Congratulations to anyone that got in a pre-order.
     
  11. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08
    Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2010
    Messages:
    19,994
    Country:
    Norway
    I would wait just because getting new consoles at launch is never a good idea.
     
  12. TheMadHatter

    OP TheMadHatter Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2014
    Messages:
    91
    Country:
    Netherlands
    That's both (usually) true and false. They are pushing out models while there have been reports of SoC problems so security most likely isn't top notched. But usually your point is valid.
    We'll just have to see what happens in the future :)
     
Loading...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (homebrew, bundle, order