RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You're still asking him to do something that you will pass on to SX which he hates, why would you think he'd do that? Pretty sure that same thing happens with Atmosphere anyway where you can't change cores without closing content. It's something everyone deals with.

2. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    I don't think the problems are exclusive to sx os at all. The core is awesome but it's still beta, some bugs still need to be squashed.
    Hope that's not true. :unsure: I admire him a lot. I'll maybe switch from sx os to atmos when they implement emunand. Can't wait to try out some kips and sysmodules.

3. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    i didn't realize it's a personal issue with TX team !!! also i recommend that you read replies before commenting because i did say that i do close content every time !!

4. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Nevermind not worth it.

Last edited Apr 24, 2019
    WaRp211 and Arolandis like this.
  5. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    @satel
    You should use Atmosphere and get rid of the problems, don't use SXOX.

WaRp211 likes this.
  6. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    i probably will make the move when emunand becomes available but for now sx os is here to stay even if it means i can no longer use retroarch,also there is other options for emulation on the switch but sadly for me no standalone emulators for PSX & PPSSPP

7. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    One of the main reasons psp emulation isn't recommended on sxos is because sxos can not overclock gpu & ram. I'm surprised TX hasn't added overclocking yet.

WaRp211 likes this.
  8. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    That is false, you can get the same extra ram by holding R on a game with sxos same as atmosphere. In fact it was that way on sxos first as Atmosphere used to use title replacement. You can overclock cpu with Retroarch using sxos too. Although you're right it about it can't overclock gpu.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Honestly I'm using sxos and both PPSSPP and N64 are working great. I don't really know why others are having problems and I'm not. I use nro2nsp forwarders and Retroarch nsp could be why or some other reason.

Last edited Apr 25, 2019
  9. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Shut up. You can't read, I said overclock ram

10. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Are you retarded? It CAN OVERCLOCK RAM DIPSHIT.

WaRp211 likes this.
  11. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Sxos can NOT moron. You are accessing more ram, not overclocking ram. You're clearly a noob and should not be giving any advise

Last edited by Techjunky90, Apr 25, 2019
  12. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Forget it I'm just putting you on ignore.

Last edited Apr 25, 2019
  13. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    You're obviously a noob. You know nothing about the switch, you've made that clear. Holding R when opening a game gives you access to more ram. Why do you need to do that? Applets don't have access to all ram, that's why. Accessing more ram is not overclocking ram noob.

14. gameplayswitch

gameplayswitch Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2018
    United States
    Crashing on 4.1.0.. Attached ams crash logs
    With iso it says no items found. Crashes with all other csos. It runs fine with lakka, but there's no sound. Would prefer to get PPSSPP working with RetroArch.

Attached Files:

Last edited by gameplayswitch, Apr 25, 2019
  15. enigma85

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Wherever A Girl Is That Likes Me
    dot hack link translation (cso) runs perfect for me at 2x resolution no overclock. Same with Final Fantasy Type-0 translation (iso).

notimp likes this.
  16. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    I was wonder how CSOs would play on the Switch, so I did some research. I read about some games not liking to be compressed, like the GOWs. Haven't CSO'ed those, yet.

Pop Cap has some fidgety games. Peggle does not like CSO and gets glitchy, but is perfect as ISO and I've yet to get Bejeweled 2 functional in any format.

Mega Man Powered up had a 131 KB difference between Level 1 and Level 9 compression, lol.

A number of others only had a megabyte difference between Level 1 and 9.

Here's some other size examples
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I've never had real interest in playing a Mega Man game, but that SNES remake looks so superb on the Switch with the core set at 1440x816. Hard as blank, so I use these codes below.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

What I use is called ISO Compressor and takes minutes.

I don't know what you're talking about and the Angry Birds 150,000 MB was an, obvious, oversight.

17. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚

pip Developer
    Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Do you people have no reading comprehension? I said to enable zopfli because the guy asked for the absolute maximum compression possible. That option specifically is what causes maxcso to take so long.

It's not on by default. Without it a 1.2GB game takes approximately two to five minutes with the tool I suggested and uses all the available CPU cores for the job.

18. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 18, 2007
    cso's (maxcso created, not using zopfli, but --block=16384), play wonderfully - except when they dont. 99% success rate without additional lag or stutter, except for Final Fantasy Type-0, that game crashes after the memory card screen, if you convert it to a cso. (And needs some extra encouragement to run at all, read this thread.. :) )

I'm using .cso as a default now. 20 GB of games make it worth it.

Last edited by notimp, Apr 25, 2019
  19. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Maybe you should load the actual core

20. awdrifter

awdrifter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    Antarctica
    I'm getting the same error on SX OS when I try to load 7th Dragon 2020 II.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted