PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

1.jpg

PPSSPP/Libretro Switch Public Beta by m4xw
==========================================

After a lot of work, I am very happy to share this with all of you.
Audio & Video support works, many core options cause Issues tho.

It is mandatory to "Close Content" after changing any Core option and restarting RetroArch, else it will potentially crash, don't close the RetroArch menu!

Special thanks to hrydgard for everything he has done for the PPSSPP Project.
If you want to support his work, consider buying PPSSPP Gold https://central.ppsspp.org/buygold even if you don't use it!

I will PR it once the libretro port is finished, also implemented half of what's needed for a Standalone port ;)
Source is on my Github, but it's highly WIP and needs a custom RA and a custom ffmpeg, so you should just wait if you want to build it yourself ;)

Libretro Docs (important informations for this core):
https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/
Official Game Compatibility Tracker (your mileage might vary): https://report.ppsspp.org/games

GitHub (WIP Switch): https://github.com/m4xw/ppsspp/
GitHub (Official): https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

Installation Instructions

Drag & Drop the "retroarch" folder to the root of your SD, overwriting any file (it will not touch any options).
Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.

Notes

If you are using ANY method of loading RetroArch OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
These issues can skew testing and could very well be caused by loading through an unsupported method.

Video slowdowns are related to missing hardware accelerated decoding (nvdec), it's not a libretro/PPSSPP Issue.
FMV cut-scenes will be fine.

Updates

Added JIT and JIT Vertex Decoder Support
- When loading Savestates with JIT, make sure to instantly open the RetroArch Menu again and wait for it to complete loading
- This is a libretro specific bug (not switch port related) and will be fixed later on

-Added Vertex JIT Core option (turning it off fixes some games currently)
-Added Disable slow Framebuffer effects Core option (Speedhack)
-Increased Savestate Chunk size to 4MB (speeds up savestate load, ~2sec)
-Band-Aid for Savestate load + Save (no more opening menu for them to work)
-Renamed "IR JIT" to "IR Interpreter"
-Removed Threaded IO Core option (non-functional)
-Removed Non-Buffered Rendering Core option (non-functional)
-General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Download Link: <Please use the RetroArch Core updater>

Last edited by m4xw,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Depends on the amount of people around. :)

Now - conceptually. People looking for services, will read for a few pages after their service attempt, so you reach them. It might also not scale, because "I have smartphone, give me support" folks usually dont read so much around before asking for what they want.

But then this is not support, this is just information. So, trying out to have people think through a certain concept logic at least once.

And then, 'just ignore it' never flies well with me. Its a culture thing. I'd rather be part of something where you dont rely on conversations with instances of unanswered solicitation attempts in between.

I'd still rather address them. :)

And if you think of me as a hardliner, I'm not - I've actually answered "does it support game" with testing effort, for this beta psp core in here before. I just know what it takes, and that I certainly wouldnt do it for anyone who asks me to. Its work. For no one else but that person.

And then again, the idea, that someone would just be sitting on that information, and give it out, because someone asks "does it work?" at just the right moment, even that doesnt make sense. So in essence you are asking for someone to do something you dont want to. Not because you dont know how - but because you dont want to.

Of course that only becomes clear, if you are the sort of person that reads through the 30 pages of postings in this and other threads, because you then notice, that people usually share the results of their testing, in some form or another because its fun and low effort. If you dont read - the entire thing becomes a "someone, information, me" thing to begin with - and then you've got to tell people, that - if thats what a community becomes, you are incentivising people who dont read over people who read (cant take this same question in every thread for the hundredth time anymore).

Logic. The base of all arguing. If you care about something, you are open to process logic around it. And people listening to the debate are as well. Thats the enlightenment principle explained. Entirely. ;) Theres nothing more to it. But this isnt the politics subforum.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the amount of people around. :)

Now - conceptually. People looking for services, will read for a few pages after their service attempt, so you reach them. It might also not scale, because "I have smartphone, give me support" folks usually dont read so much around before asking for what they want.

But then this is not support, this is just information. So, trying out to have people think through a certain concept logic at least once.

And then, 'just ignore it' never flies well with me. Its a culture thing. I'd rather be part of something where you dont rely on conversations with instances of unanswered solicitation attempts in between.

I'd still rather address them. :)

And if you think of me as a hardliner, I'm not - I've actually answered "does it support game" with testing effort, for this beta psp core in here before. I just know what it takes, and that I certainly wouldnt do it for anyone who asks me to. Its work. For no one else but that person.

And then again, the idea, that someone would just be sitting on that information, and give it out, because someone asks "does it work?" at just the right moment, even that doesnt make sense. So in essence you are asking for someone to do something you dont want to. Not because you dont know how - but because you dont want to.

Of course that only becomes clear, if you are the sort of person that reads through the 30 pages of postings in this and other threads, because you then notice, that people usually share the results of their testing, in some form or another because its fun and low effort. If you dont read - the entire thing becomes a "someone, information, me" thing to begin with - and then you've got to tell people, that - if thats what a community becomes, you are incentivising people who dont read over people who read (cant take this same question in every thread for the hundredth time anymore).

Logic. The base of all arguing. If you care about something, you are open to process logic around it. And people listening to the debate are as well. Thats the enlightenment principle explained. Entirely. ;) Theres nothing more to it. But this isnt the politics subforum.. ;)
Hey man, I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but these long winded rants clog up these threads way better than a few people asking a question

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
They are asking for you to do testing that they dont want to do. Thats not a question.

Thats a support thing.

Not that difficult to distinguish. If they know how to do it. And the dont do it - they arent asking for information. They are asking for leighbour without compensation. For something that will only benefit them (at least mostly).

Now 90% of people want to be an ass about it "impulsively" because they dont want to lose the "I have smartphone, I get other people to work for me" line of events, because its so convenient, but that doesnt mean that they are right.

And if people already are like 'fuck off' about it, and they are still littering threads with it. Then you come in and say that people should shut up and just cope.

And thats abuse.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
“I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone . . . I'd cook all my own food, and later on, if I wanted to get married or something, I'd meet this beautiful girl that was also a deaf-mute and we'd get married. She'd come and live in my cabin with me, and if she wanted to say anything to me, she'd have to write it on a piece of paper, like everybody else”
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/629243-i-thought-what-i-d-do-was-i-d-pretend-i-was

But now with smartphones, they dont even get bored writing notes and requests on them anonymous paperless boards.

So you've given up on trying to form society through personal interaction.

Cool. You are not right.

End of sidelining this thread. Back on topic of soliciting work out of others.

I know its inconvenient for you to read this, but its still correct to bring it up.

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

Personally I just don't do what they ask..
No skin off my nose.

but the thing is that if everyone thought like you i would have never fixed widescreen in symphony of the night. Thanks to notimp.

a friend once asked me what was the most important idea to mankind. He said knowledge of self. I said empathy. The reason i gave was without empathy that first caveman discovers fire and what if he doesn't care about other humans? He just goes in his cave. Cooks chicken. It's yummy. He dies. Poof there it goes. Where humans shine is when we come together. When we share. Then you get farms then villages then cities and civilization. A similar thing happens here when people share. Look at the vr thread. One person posted wouldn't it be cool if. Then another said heck with that use this shader. Then another said hey that works! While it is annoying when people are lazy yes. And sometimes no timp is just very verbose. No matter how you cut it knowledge is power.

Dutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but the thing is that if everyone thought like you i would have never fixed widescreen in symphony of the night. Thanks to notimp.

a friend once asked me what was the most important idea to mankind. He said knowledge of self. I said empathy. The reason i gave was without empathy that first caveman discovers fire and what if he doesn't care about other humans? He just goes in his cave. Cooks chicken. It's yummy. He dies. Poof there it goes. Where humans shine is when we come together. When we share. Then you get farms then villages then cities and civilization. A similar thing happens here when people share. Look at the vr thread. One person posted wouldn't it be cool if. Then another said heck with that use this shader. Then another said hey that works! While it is annoying when people are lazy yes. And sometimes no timp is just very verbose. No matter how you cut it knowledge is power.

Makes no sense man.. did you read what my reply is for?
Not doing what they ask does not give you knowledge or take any away.

D

Deleted User

Makes no sense man.. did you read what my reply is for?
Not doing what they ask does not give you knowledge or take any away.

Lol read your own words not answering does nothing and does not add anything. True some are just being lazy but actual discourse produces results. Just like lurking might enrich you sure. Cause you get something from the discourse of others. But where the knowledge comes from is people participating.

That is why forums became a thing...

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
They are asking for you to do testing that they dont want to do. Thats not a question.

he did not ask you to do testing for him,he simply asked if a racing game called midnight club 3 works or not,maybe he did not have retroarch setup at all & for him it was worth setting it up if he knew this game works (who knows) !! i had already tested this game so i answered him & was willing to share my settings with him if he had issues running it,even if i didn't test the game i may have tested it just for him !! i honestly have no idea why you are so upset,i like reading your "useful" replies on this forum because you seem to have more knowledge than the average user,i just wish your "useful" replies were as long or as many as your rants ones. :P

Natillax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!
I have a problem with Ape Escape On The Loose (Ape Escape P). When I try to move diagonally, the character walks instead of running, which makes movement very difficult. Does anyone know how to fix it? (I don't have this problem with other psp games [e.g. Daxter] or switch games)

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Hi!
I have a problem with Ape Escape On The Loose (Ape Escape P). When I try to move diagonally, the character walks instead of running, which makes movement very difficult. Does anyone know how to fix it? (I don't have this problem with other psp games [e.g. Daxter] or switch games)

wroks fine for me, my retroarch controller settings are

user 1 device type Retropad
user one analog to digital type Right analog

Edit: as per comment below i also have sensitivity set at 1.2 !!

Last edited by satel,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!

Sounds what happens to me in secret agent clank.

Someone suggested turning analog sensitivity up to 1.2, 1.5 or 2.0.

Reactions: Natillax

Gans_41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, all working A-M-A-Z-I-N-G but just wanted to check if there's any suggestion on some audio stutter on crisis core? It's far from unplayable but it's the only thing that kind of shows when playing, rest is outstanding :D

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So far it looks good, I tried Dracula X Chronicles but I had a problem in the first stage where flashes and can't pickup items, the next scene with his girlfriend is bugged and there's no textures except for the characters. Still looking for future updates tho, great work so far :)

D

Deleted User

So far it looks good, I tried Dracula X Chronicles but I had a problem in the first stage where flashes and can't pickup items, the next scene with his girlfriend is bugged and there's no textures except for the characters. Still looking for future updates tho, great work so far :)

I show game working purrfekt in a video i linked earlier need to turn off fast memory hacks

Sadly ploggy i dont think we can do open mugen and i cant get infinity cat working cause we lack plugin support still tinkering tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini