RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    /retroarch/cores/system/PPSSPP is indeed the default path for Switch.
    It's also already bundled in the release 7z.

wicksand420 and satel like this.
  2. Sticker

Sticker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    Vietnam
    Play locoroco perfect

3. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    @m4xw thanks a lot for the awesome ppsspp switch version & i look forward to future updates for it :)

btw did you also make pcsx rearmed libretro libnx ? if so do you have any idea how i can make Breakout for PS1 run on it as it crashes the console every time i try to run it,i have tried EU,US & even Russian version from some russian forum all with the same result. i'm huge breakout & space invaders fan & would really appreciate if you can help me get Breakout working on switch.

4. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Does anyone know how to run Midnight Club 3 fullspeed? i'm only interested in that game.

5. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Yea i did.
    Starting via album? Some PSX games need more ram.
    Otherwise i will need a crash report + detailed reproduction steps.

6. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    Laos
    starting via retroarch nsp ,how do i get a crash report ?

edit:
    i searched for info how to get this report but found no info about it. is there any chance you can test the game on your Switch ?
    Breakout (Sony PlayStation 1, 2000).

Last edited by satel, Apr 21, 2019
  7. j00manji

j00manji Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    anyone try Lunar silver star harmony? I only tried to play thru the intro but there was no text

8. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Found a control problem with BBS? using the analogue up or down changes command decks. I thought that was DPad only?

Last edited by Drwho0894, Apr 21, 2019
  9. RotiniNoodle

RotiniNoodle Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2019
    United States
    works 100% for me. replace fonts for text fix in menus and character dialogue boxes (search this thread if you need to find out how.) FMVs play beautifully on the patreon build i have, dunno about public.

j00manji likes this.
  10. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Quick menu > controls > User 1 Analog to Digital Type change to None.

Drwho0894 likes this.
  11. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, worked a treat.

12. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Is there a known problem with saveGAMES (not states?) In Crisis Core using the in-game save menu, I can save fine in an empty slot, however I cannot overwrite existing saves, nor can I delete saves.

13. dormeus

dormeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I’m trying to save a bit of space by compressing my PSP games. Is there a better format than .cso? And do all compression apps compress the same?

14. icefox

icefox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    never heard. is it a possibility your filesystem is messed up? are you on exfat?

15. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    There is not a better format than .cso. AFAIK they all compress the same.

16. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    How does bbs play? I suppose it's not full speed, but, is it playable?

17. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I'm on fat32. I'm assuming all the crisis core saves are contained in a single .srm anyway so it would be odd of a filesystem-level error was causing this.

Edit: I can see now that PPSSPP seems to use more like a virtual memory card than individual srm files, with a separate folder for each slot. Not sure what to do with that however.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Apr 22, 2019
  18. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚

pip Developer
    Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    Change the controls to RetroPad w/ Analog and disable D-Pad emulation. You probably also need to turn up the sensitivity a bit (~1.5 ish)

I have no clue why Joystick -> DPad emulation is the default on the switch.

Not really. maxcso does a generally better job than the original CSO compression tools, and since PPSSPP doesn't have CFW limitations you can add --block=16384 to use larger blocks (compresses better generally) and add --use-zopfli (this is an alternative compression program made by google specifically to compress certain android components) if you're patient and want another 1-2% shaved off. This is a console tool, by the way.

I wish there was some kind of LZMA-based compressed ISO format (deflate is not nearly as good nowadays), but I digress.

Incorrect. There's more than one implementation of the deflate algorithm out there, which is what CSO uses. 7-Zip's implementation produces better compression than zlib (the de-facto standard), and zopfli produces better compression than all the other implementations (at an extreme compression time trade-off)

Last edited by chaoskagami, Apr 22, 2019
    cucholix likes this.
  19. dormeus

dormeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    This is what I thought!

Thank you, took me a bit to get my head round it but I've got it running now. With the settings you suggested it's a bit slower but that'll be totally worth it even if I only shave a % of lol, thanks again!

Edit: for anyone interested using what chaoskagami said I compressed Ys seven,

ISO - 728mb
    CSO (compressed with ciso-xp) - 461mb
    CSO (compressed with maxcso) - 443mb and took approximately 2 hours

Last edited by dormeus, Apr 23, 2019
    cucholix likes this.
  20. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Aside from the time consuming, there’s any emulation, performance, compatibility issue? My SD is getting full quickly so I’m interested in trying to optimize the game sizes.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted