PPSSPP doesn't run in my S20FE

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I really don't know what to do. The problem is likely about permission stuff, but in the config the storage permission doesn't appear, and the app doesn't ask to give the permission either. I honestly don't know what to do.

Retroarch works fine but i couldn't configure it to run games at 60 fps like PPSSPP does

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Buy yourself a nice, used PSP in good cosmetic and functional condition: it is to date the best choice for PSP gaming.
That is absolutely not true, my dear friend, battery and grip are the least of your problems, the psp is actually the worst way to play psp games, and as you might have seen, OP is looking for 60 fps gaming, which can be achieved by using cheats to modify eboot values etc... On real hardware, this might cause lag, on Emulation, not really. His only other option is a Vita with adrenaline.

I really don't know what to do. The problem is likely about permission stuff, but in the config the storage permission doesn't appear, and the app doesn't ask to give the permission either. I honestly don't know what to do.

Retroarch works fine but i couldn't configure it to run games at 60 fps like PPSSPP does
What exactly is the issue, are the games not appearing ?

Last edited by YuseiFD,
Reactions: Ligeia

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PPSSPP should work as it's sufficiently powerful. Are you using the version that's on the Google app store? If so, try other versions floating on the internet.. As for the permission thing, check the app permission settings and allow PPSSPP to access its folder directory etc. I know newer versions of (Android 11 and onwards) restrict access to the "data" folder (and obb?), but you can bypass it through other means.

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What exactly is the issue, are the games not appearing ?
The games appear with a question mark but I can't open them. I'm pretty sure it's a permission issue because

PPSSPP should work as it's sufficiently powerful. Are you using the version that's on the Google app store? If so, try other versions floating on the internet.. As for the permission thing, check the app permission settings and allow PPSSPP to access its folder directory etc. I know newer versions of (Android 11 and onwards) restrict access to the "data" folder (and obb?), but you can bypass it through other means.
Yes, I'm using the Google Store version. And to be honest I'm 100% sure it's a permission issue, because when an app ask me for that the message is always the same, but with the PPSSPP app the message is kinda different.

Can you teach me how to bypass that restriction?

Last edited by elrayo,

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
The games appear with a question mark but I can't open them. I'm pretty sure it's a permission issue because

Yes, I'm using the Google Store version. And to be honest I'm 100% sure it's a permission issue, because when an app ask me for that the message is always the same, but with the PPSSPP app the message is kinda different.

Can you teach me how to bypass that restriction?
Whag coolme suggests is really unecessary, obb data is mostly for actual APK data, if the games doesn't run there should be an error in the logs provided in the psp directory. Ppsspp actually uses all the files it needs on open access folders, it doesn't write any system ones.

Can you add a video of the issue exactly, where do you put your iso files ?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy yourself a nice, used PSP in good cosmetic and functional condition: it is to date the best choice for PSP gaming.
Well, if you want an authentic experience, yes it is, but the best? PPSSPP.

PPSSPP can enhance PSP games beyond PSP's abilities and make them look HD which still impresses me as I never expected a PSP game to be in HD by just running it through an emulator.

Reactions: Ligeia

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Whag coolme suggests is really unecessary, obb data is mostly for actual APK data, if the games doesn't run there should be an error in the logs provided in the psp directory. Ppsspp actually uses all the files it needs on open access folders, it doesn't write any system ones.

Can you add a video of the issue exactly, where do you put your iso files ?
This is the video btw, but i swear the .iso files aren't corrupted.

Btw the permission message is really diferent compared to the one that appears when other apps asks for access to the storage

Attachments

• Screen_Recording_20240111_202043_PPSSPP.mp4
    3.9 MB

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the video btw, but i swear the .iso files aren't corrupted.

Btw the permission message is really diferent compared to the one that appears when other apps asks for access to the storage
You are clearly not pressing allow when it asks for permission, just press allow and it should work.

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You are clearly not pressing allow when it asks for permission, just press allow and it should work.

Buddy i swear i did that. If i pressed "cancel" the app wouldn't let me continue. The PPSSPP menu appears only if you press allow.

The message is still kind of different compared to other apps, which looks like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_114247_Music Player - DDMusic.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_114247_Music Player - DDMusic.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 12

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Buddy i swear i did that. If i pressed "cancel" the app wouldn't let me continue. The PPSSPP menu appears only if you press allow.

The message is still kind of different compared to other apps, which looks like this
This is odd then, can you try to play one of those backups on your pc, does it work there ?

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is odd then, can you try to play one of those backups on your pc, does it work there ?
Yes they work. I can play them in the retroarch mobile app too, but i prefer the normal PPSSPP app (because it allows the 60 fps config and a lot of official stuff too).

The backups aren't the problem, it's a permission issue but i honestly don't know how to deal with it. I wonder if rooting my phone could help

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes they work. I can play them in the retroarch mobile app too, but i prefer the normal PPSSPP app (because it allows the 60 fps config and a lot of official stuff too).

The backups aren't the problem, it's a permission issue but i honestly don't know how to deal with it. I wonder if rooting my phone could help
Not really, try putting the games in psp folder, instead of game folder

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed ppsspp on my phone, an A22 5g and it works well finding the games wether on internal memory or microsd so there's something wrong on your end, try to copy the iso again, maybe it got corrupted?

elrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
That should be your last bet, if it doesnnt work something is blocking the app, i have an s21 fe and don't have any issues with ppsspp
Yes, something is definitely blocking the storage permission, because i can't give it, not even in the official config app of the phone. I honestly think the only way to solve this is by rooting my cellphone
Post automatically merged:

I installed ppsspp on my phone, an A22 5g and it works well finding the games wether on internal memory or microsd so there's something wrong on your end, try to copy the iso again, maybe it got corrupted?
That's not the case because the retroarch ver of PPSSPP is working fine

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, something is definitely blocking the storage permission, because i can't give it, not even in the official config app of the phone. I honestly think the only way to solve this is by rooting my cellphone
Post automatically merged:

That's not the case because the retroarch ver of PPSSPP is working fine
I went to settings and apps and weirdly enough the app doesn't have permission for anything yet it still works, I didn't even need to grant it, just selected a folder to use and it worked. Only thing I can recomend before rooting is to uninstall and reinstall the app

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol