Homebrew PPSSPP discussion and testing thread

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tested this for the first time. This is insane. I can play Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions almost flawlessly. Lumines worked great, too.

I've been waiting so long to play it on Steam, someday, possibly a port of the iOS version. I can't believe I'll end up replaying a PlayStation Portable port of a PlayStation game on a Wii U instead.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just tested this for the first time. This is insane. I can play Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions almost flawlessly. Lumines worked great, too.

I've been waiting so long to play it on Steam, someday, possibly a port of the iOS version. I can't believe I'll end up replaying a PlayStation Portable port of a PlayStation game on a Wii U instead.
Hello I tested parasite eve but it randomly crashes what build you are using? do you experience some random freeze as well?

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I tested parasite eve but it randomly crashes what build you are using? do you experience some random freeze as well?
Use the last build on the first post. There haven't been any updates.
Make sure you use iso format image and run the games from the SD card.
Yes there are random freezes with more demanding games like this one.

Reactions: depaul

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Me and My Katamari plays almost flawlessly, and then after the tutorial stage it crashes and hangs not only the emulator, but the entire system. Bummer.

Reactions: depaul
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to install this to the NAND or USB? I'd like to store my ISOs on the USB since my SD is just painfully slow, to the point it's almost unusable.

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's nice to see PPSSPP has come to the Wii U. Has anyone tried any of the Ys games (I tried both Ys Book I & II Chronicles and Ys The Oath in Felghana; unfortunately both of them have too many issues to run smoothly; in particular Ys I has a glitched HUD)? I'm looking forward to the day they (hopefully) run at full speed.

Other than that, I'm happy at the progress that has been made with the emulator (I tested Mega Man Powered Up and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and I found both run quite well).

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe aliaspider is working on the bounty for porting dolphin to switch. I might be wrong though, I forgot where I heard it, but if it is the case, I'd say it will probably be a while before he gets back to this project.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd :
The Game runs fine without any problems, it even loads the 3D model of Miku and all the menu options with a normal speed without needing frameskip

However, once you select a song, the game freezes and can not play

it is strange that the game does not stop, it freezes on the screen but if you leave a 2 or 3 minutes on that screen the music will end and the game will return to normal in the result screen, it's very strange.

[EDIT]
After trying some songs one of them started perfectly ( Magnet ), without frameskip, it's perfectly playable, but it's hard to say how to make the game not hang on the loading screen

[EDIT 2]
Sometimes when you start a song, the game can hang on a white screen for up to 3 minutes and only then start the music, but when it starts it runs perfectly

This game works very strange in the emulator

Zenonia :
The game runs well, but have some sound/music glitches, it's perfect playable without needing frameskip

God of War Chains of Olumpus :
Freezes after the first CG, unplayable.

Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep :
It's very playable with frameskip 1 or 2, but there is an extreme lag in scenes with many things rolling at the same time on the screen, it is very difficult to play but would not say impossible.

MegaMan: Maverick Hunter X :
it's perfect playable without needing frameskip ( but i recommend frameskip 1 )

there is lag in some small areas of the game, but nothing that gets in the way, with the exception of boss Boomer Kuwanger, for some reason when facing this boss the game has an extreme lag, but nothing injurious

I cleared this game 100% smoothly on my Wii U.

PS: Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

[EDIT]
Need for Speed: Carbon Own the City
Red and Black Screen, Sound it's ok, but impossible to play.

Last edited by Moon164,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the folder structure? My setup rar file came with two folders but this thread only says to copy the PPSSPP.rpx to this directory: H:\wiiu\apps\PPSSPP on my SD Card. But i have a second folder in my rar file called, "PPSSPP" and inside of that folder is a assets folder with a bunch of other files & directories. where does this folder go? in the same directory as the PPSSPP.rpx file? or does it go at the root of my SD? and where do i need to place my isos? Do i create a iso folder in one of the two folders?

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the folder structure? My setup rar file came with two folders but this thread only says to copy the PPSSPP.rpx to this directory: H:\wiiu\apps\PPSSPP on my SD Card. But i have a second folder in my rar file called, "PPSSPP" and inside of that folder is a assets folder with a bunch of other files & directories. where does this folder go? in the same directory as the PPSSPP.rpx file? or does it go at the root of my SD? and where do i need to place my isos? Do i create a iso folder in one of the two folders?
Yeah dude. The other folder with the assets folder inside goes on your root. Make a "isos" folder inside it and you can navigate to it once you run the app.
Happy gaming.

NipNop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you even install PPSSPP on the Wii U. I can't figure it out and I'm asking for help from someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y