Hacking [PPOTW] Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But yeah, flashcarts flourish once the life of the console is almost over. I bet the Letterbomb exploit for Wii is easily patchable, but Nintendo didn't do anything about it. They've shut down WiiConnect24. They don't care if the Wii is hacked. When the 3DS is almost dead, they'll remove patches for that, too.

Precisely.

When a system is reaching the end of its life-time sometimes even sooner, they just don't care anymore.

Why?

Because if they DON'T patch it, the console will have a huge boom in sales since you can hack it and play games for free.

It doesn't mean games wouldn't still sell for that particular system (exmaple: Wii, PSP, NDS, etc), they would.

The reality here though, is that Nintendo doesn't give a crap's ass about Gaming Developers, despite what many say. And the same applies to the other competitors. When a gaming system reaches this stage, they just leave all the hacks in, because they will sell units like mad, once they stop patching.

Who gets screwed here? Game Developers. Ninty, keeps on caching in with hundreds of thousands of units sold because the system is now hackable, and the game developers get the boot.

Caring about game developers? Sure, Nintendo cares while:

1- They make them money.

2- They have to, because if they abandon support and updates early in the gaming console life span, game developers will swiftly move out of the field, and leave that said gaming system with no developers wiling to work on it. As such, no games.

I quote again what has been said here:

Caring about others "Is not the way big businesses work".

Reactions: TheHomesk1llet

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Precisely.

When a system is reaching the end of its life-time sometimes even sooner, they just don't care anymore.

Why?

Because if they DON'T patch it, the console will have a huge boom in sales since you can hack it and play games for free.

Jesus dick, I didn't even think about that. It is true, though. The Wii's sales went up immensely when they released 4.2 because of Bannerbomb, and while 4.3 patched it, it was obvious that they didn't care at that point what happened because the Wii was almost dead. They still left the game vulnerabilities, like Bathaxx or return of the jodi, though they easily could have patched those. Probably.

I definitely noticed most of my friends, even some non-Nintendo ones, buying Wiis so they could hack them, which was amazingly easy, or at least user friendly.

And like I said before, the 3DS will die, hopefully not sooner (because I love the 3ds, and I'd like to see a higher resolution version, but I doubt that will happen). Nintendo's good at what they do, very good. They'll make sure to end the support for that, starting with updates, and then proceeding to online stuff, though I'm pretty sure there isn't a Wiiconnect24 equivalent to the 3DS, and they definitely won't end multiplayer support anytime soon. This will leave the console open to the hacking community, and hopefully they have their way with it. Since it's almost Wii equivalent in graphics and, with the low resolution, power; there will hopefully be developers who...develop stuff.

And did anyone note that the chip decapping fundraiser is long over? Hopefully it's only a matter of time before they actually decap the thing and reverse engineer it.

The reality here though, is that Nintendo doesn't give a crap's ass about Gaming Developers, despite what many say. And the same applies to the other competitors. When a gaming system reaches this stage, they just leave all the hacks in, because they will sell units like mad, once they stop patching.

Who gets screwed here? Game Developers. Ninty, keeps on caching in with hundreds of thousands of units sold because the system is now hackable, and the game developers get the boot.

Caring about game developers? Sure, Nintendo cares while:

1- They make them money.

2- They have to, because if they abandon support and updates early in the gaming console life span, game developers will swiftly move out of the field, and leave that said gaming system with no developers wiling to work on it. As such, no games.

I quote again what has been said here:

Caring about others "Is not the way big businesses work".

Absolutely right. Nintendo may seem soft, but they're no different. Why do you think my repair costed $150 for a $200 system? They have you by the balls when you break your stuff, and they know you have to either buy a new one or they'll charge you up the ass for repairs. Luckily, I got out of such a large fee. Don't ask me how.

They're not gonna give a damn if some company gets ripped off by pirates. Really, Nintendo has it best on the pirating case, since most of their games are made for children, or aimed at a young audience, anyways, and most children won't pirate. Most other developers will be aimed at older gamers, who will definitely pirate, be it for financial reasons or just not feeling like spending the money on the game. Nintendo's still running, and they will be for a while.

And Gateway is exactly what the title suggests; a threshold for users and hackers alike. There's so much potential in this card, and I personally can't wait to see it as a hacker and former Wii homebrew developer. I want to see what makes the 3DS tick, and these guys obviously know it well. They've bypassed the encryption, by using an exploit for an old version, yes, but it's still amazing nonetheless.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Jesus dick, I didn't even think about that. It is true, though. The Wii's sales went up immensely when they released 4.2 because of Bannerbomb, and while 4.3 patched it, it was obvious that they didn't care at that point what happened because the Wii was almost dead. They still left the game vulnerabilities, like Bathaxx or return of the jodi, though they easily could have patched those. Probably.

I definitely noticed most of my friends, even some non-Nintendo ones, buying Wiis so they could hack them, which was amazingly easy, or at least user friendly.

And like I said before, the 3DS will die, hopefully not sooner (because I love the 3ds, and I'd like to see a higher resolution version, but I doubt that will happen). Nintendo's good at what they do, very good. They'll make sure to end the support for that, starting with updates, and then proceeding to online stuff, though I'm pretty sure there isn't a Wiiconnect24 equivalent to the 3DS, and they definitely won't end multiplayer support anytime soon. This will leave the console open to the hacking community, and hopefully they have their way with it. Since it's almost Wii equivalent in graphics and, with the low resolution, power; there will hopefully be developers who...develop stuff.

And did anyone note that the chip decapping fundraiser is long over? Hopefully it's only a matter of time before they actually decap the thing and reverse engineer it.

Absolutely right. Nintendo may seem soft, but they're no different. Why do you think my repair costed $150 for a $200 system? They have you by the balls when you break your stuff, and they know you have to either buy a new one or they'll charge you up the ass for repairs. Luckily, I got out of such a large fee. Don't ask me how.

They're not gonna give a damn if some company gets ripped off by pirates. Really, Nintendo has it best on the pirating case, since most of their games are made for children, or aimed at a young audience, anyways, and most children won't pirate. Most other developers will be aimed at older gamers, who will definitely pirate, be it for financial reasons or just not feeling like spending the money on the game. Nintendo's still running, and they will be for a while.

And Gateway is exactly what the title suggests; a threshold for users and hackers alike. There's so much potential in this card, and I personally can't wait to see it as a hacker and former Wii homebrew developer. I want to see what makes the 3DS tick, and these guys obviously know it well. They've bypassed the encryption, by using an exploit for an old version, yes, but it's still amazing nonetheless.

I agreed so much with everything you said, my neck hurts from the "up and down" head movement.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you never play your 3DS then whats the point if your planing to sell it 'i'll buy it from you .

I never said that I was going to sell it , it's just that at the minute there are no games that make me want to play it, but I've just ordered AC : NL so I might start using it again.

I was saying that in a few months/years when there is a larger library of games that I may purchase a 3DS flashcart

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i dont like is that every single one of these gateway sites charge your card right away. personally i prefer not to be charged until the product is shipped. i will report fraud against modchipdirect if it takes longer than a week after i read on here about people playing with their gateways

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If gateway offers support for transregion playing, and there's a good Jap game that probably won't be released outside of Japan, then I probably will.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i dont like is that every single one of these gateway sites charge your card right away. personally i prefer not to be charged until the product is shipped. i will report fraud against modchipdirect if it takes longer than a week after i read on here about people playing with their gateways

What a dick move.

beundertaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a dick move.

when i sell shit on amazon, i do not receive the money until i ship said item. i do not hit confirmation until said item is shipped. the items come in very fast and i receive great buyer feedback because of it.

im really not asking for too much. a week is more than enough time

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sell to what maybe one individual? Modchipdirectis a big site you can't expect them to ship everything fast when they have like 4920589x of pre-orders. (Assuming...) I'm just saying that's f up especially since I'm sure they will still send the item and months later find out a chargeback was open against them.

Nice move. Scammers on eBay do that all the time so Im not surprised :glare: :glare:

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, that is incorrect, don't make general assumptions. HackYourConsole (whom I ordered from immediately) have not charged my credit card and they have stated that they will not until it is in stock and shipped.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why so late?

Because when I bought my flashcards for my DS I ended up spending far more time downloading roms than actually playing any of my games. So this time I would buy my games and enjoy them than download them and ignore them.

Reactions: NTA

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because when I bought my flashcards for my DS I ended up spending far more time downloading roms than actually playing any of my games. So this time I would buy my games and enjoy them than download them and ignore them.
Oh ok, I see then. That a good point.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I did that with my first flash-carts. Now I know better, and control myself to not switch a game until I finish it, or until I decide I really don't like it.

Ever since I made this decision, my gaming experience has been very rich. You just gotta teach yourself some self-control :yaynds:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I did that with my first flash-carts. Now I know better, and control myself to not switch a game until I finish it, or until I decide I really don't like it.

Ever since I made this decision, my gaming experience has been very rich. You just gotta teach yourself some self-control :yaynds:

I don't want to risk myself falling into the same trap again as I did before, I don't always have such great self-control and I know that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back