Hacking Powersaves 3DS - FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've got a weird problem that maybe someone somewhere has a solution to.

I'm running Powersaves on my MacBook Pro, and it works fine in Windows via Bootcamp on my WiFi connection, but when running Windows in Parallels on OS X, it cannot connect to the servers (nor can I access the Powersaves website). This also happens on my iPhone. BUT if I switch my iPhone's WiFi off and use 3G, or I tether my MacBook to it and use the iPhone's 3G for my internet connection instead of WiFi, Powersaves and the Powersaves website work fine. So, WiFi on OS X and iOS refuses to let me access Powersaves anything (I can't seem to access the Datel website, either). My internet connection sucks ass, but it shouldn't be that, because as I said, it works fine in Windows, just not OS X (Windows in Parallels, of course, shares OS X's internet connection), so I know it's a local problem (possibly something that Apple hardcoded). Now if only I could figure out how to fix this problem.... Perhaps port-forwarding could help? Not that I know what ports Datel uses for Powersaves.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird problem that maybe someone somewhere has a solution to.

I'm running Powersaves on my MacBook Pro, and it works fine in Windows via Bootcamp on my WiFi connection, but when running Windows in Parallels on OS X, it cannot connect to the servers (nor can I access the Powersaves website). This also happens on my iPhone. BUT if I switch my iPhone's WiFi off and use 3G, or I tether my MacBook to it and use the iPhone's 3G for my internet connection instead of WiFi, Powersaves and the Powersaves website work fine. So, WiFi on OS X and iOS refuses to let me access Powersaves anything (I can't seem to access the Datel website, either). My internet connection sucks ass, but it shouldn't be that, because as I said, it works fine in Windows, just not OS X (Windows in Parallels, of course, shares OS X's internet connection), so I know it's a local problem (possibly something that Apple hardcoded). Now if only I could figure out how to fix this problem.... Perhaps port-forwarding could help? Not that I know what ports Datel uses for Powersaves.
I use Parallels and Windows with Piwersaves and have no difficulty. Not entirely certain what is causing your problem. It sounds like you should check to see how Parallels is treating your internet connection (shared, bridged, etc.)

BoundlessVillain

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those having web operation failed issues make sure to make powersaves an exception in the firewall. if you are using a virtual windows OS in your Mac OS X you have to allow the firewall exception for the program running virtual Windows in Mac OS X and allow the firewall exception for powersaves in the virtual Windows OS.
As for Diancie the wondercard will produce an untradeable Diancie as the one on Bulbapedia hasn't been released yet and the pre-release in Japan has different details (I know this because I received a clone of a legit Diancie obtained from the pre-screen of the movie event in Japan from a giveaway on the internet and the met location is different). A Diancie obtained with powersaves is currently untradeable until codejunkies and Datel update the code with the pre-screen met location or the distribution post-movie is released officially.

MicahAnderson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
for those having web operation failed issues make sure to make powersaves an exception in the firewall. if you are using a virtual windows OS in your Mac OS X you have to allow the firewall exception for the program running virtual Windows in Mac OS X and allow the firewall exception for powersaves in the virtual Windows OS.
As for Diancie the wondercard will produce an untradeable Diancie as the one on Bulbapedia hasn't been released yet and the pre-release in Japan has different details (I know this because I received a clone of a legit Diancie obtained from the pre-screen of the movie event in Japan from a giveaway on the internet and the met location is different). A Diancie obtained with powersaves is currently untradeable until codejunkies and Datel update the code with the pre-screen met location or the distribution post-movie is released officially.

what abou tjust windows 8.1 it gives me the same error

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once the real diancie is release by datel then we can can trade it in the new 2 games of pokemon so we can mega evol diancie to a cool new one

Pkm collector1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes their a fake one that it can't be tradable once the real one is out then it can be use for alpha and mega pokemon game for the use of mega diance if they also make codes for that game to and release the mega stone for diancie.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes their a fake one that it can't be tradable once the real one is out then it can be use for alpha and mega pokemon game for the use of mega diance if they also make codes for that game to and release the mega stone for diancie.

Thats a nice pipe your smoking.

These "fake" Pokemon your trying to claim can be traded, keep your lies to yourself please. This topic isnt to misinform users.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a nice pipe your smoking.

These "fake" Pokemon your trying to claim can be traded, keep your lies to yourself please. This topic isnt to misinform users.

The 'fake' one cannot be traded online as its data triggers the WiFi hack check. There are no hack checks for local trades, which is why people could trade unreleased items and Pokemon locally.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 'fake' one cannot be traded online as its data triggers the WiFi hack check. There are no hack checks for local trades, which is why people could trade unreleased items and Pokemon locally.
But its not fake, its the most ludacrus thing I have heard in any topic discussing powersaves. I can battle with it, take it to get healed in the Pokemon center, play with it in Amie, etc. Unless you mean by fake that it doesnt come out of my game and give me a hug then yes its all fake. Also those checks arent for hacking, its simply cause its not released yet. An unreleased Pokemon doesnt mean fake, its there to protect other non cheating players. By your definition of "fake" Pokemon Pokesav users wouldnt be able to give Pokemon to people the request for them so I ask again to what extent do you mean "fake?"

I dont like people spreading misinformation, the Pokemon are just as real as anything else you get ingame.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they just mean it might not pass legit checks once the trade block is lifted but idk
but its not unlegit either. I would of been with you but after seeing even unreleased items not being traded it has to do more than just being a hack check since items dont have stats or anything else to alter. The only thing that comes close to being a "fake" Pokemon that I've ever seen was before the release of Pokemon Black/White some dedicated hackers have reskinned Lucario to look like a Zoroark, as amazing as that hack was that was by definition a fake Pokemon since its data doesnt exist in the game.

I just get frustrated when people spread misinformation, there are CURRENTLY NO FAKE POKEMON. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Everything is real and tradable.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but its not unlegit either. I would of been with you but after seeing even unreleased items not being traded it has to do more than just being a hack check since items dont have stats or anything else to alter. The only thing that comes close to being a "fake" Pokemon that I've ever seen was before the release of Pokemon Black/White some dedicated hackers have reskinned Lucario to look like a Zoroark, as amazing as that hack was that was by definition a fake Pokemon since its data doesnt exist in the game.

I just get frustrated when people spread misinformation, there are CURRENTLY NO FAKE POKEMON. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Everything is real and tradable.

Let me reiterate:

The "Fake" Diancie wondercard that they say "use at your own risk" gives you an illegal data Pokemon which does not match the data for the Movie Diancie. If you try to trade it online, you'll get the message that it cannot be traded; however, the actual legit Movie Diancie (obtained from the legit wondercard) can be traded online. The legit one has legit data, and the hack detection knows that. The fake one does not have the correct data, and the hack detection rejects it -- as intended.

Try not to complain about misinformation when you're spreading misinformation yourself. To clarify on what 'fake' means, it's artificial data which may or may not match the real data. In this case, the fake data does not match the real data and is thus blocked.

There are two types of hack detection: Unreleased data (species, form, item, etc whitelists), and illegal data. In the "fake" data's case, it's illegal data which causes it to get blocked, not a species block. Diancie is tradable online.

Reactions: Hozu

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What? The wondercard itself is fake. It's recreated from Bulbapedia. That makes the Diancie from the Wondercard fake, but not Diancie itself fake.

EDIT: :ninja:'d by 2 minutes ;^;

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me reiterate:

The "Fake" Diancie wondercard that they say "use at your own risk" gives you an illegal data Pokemon which does not match the data for the Movie Diancie. If you try to trade it online, you'll get the message that it cannot be traded; however, the actual legit Movie Diancie (obtained from the legit wondercard) can be traded online. The legit one has legit data, and the hack detection knows that. The fake one does not have the correct data, and the hack detection rejects it -- as intended.

Try not to complain about misinformation when you're spreading misinformation yourself. To clarify on what 'fake' means, it's artificial data which may or may not match the real data. In this case, the fake data does not match the real data and is thus blocked.

There are two types of hack detection: Unreleased data (species, form, item, etc whitelists), and illegal data. In the "fake" data's case, it's illegal data which causes it to get blocked, not a species block. Diancie is tradable online.
Ok then explain why the Lati@s stones arent tradeable. Clearly it has more to do than detecting "fake"

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then explain why the Lati@s stones arent tradeable. Clearly it has more to do than detecting "fake"

It's explained in the last paragraph of Kaphotic's post. Even when the Lati Stones come out the ones generated by Powersaves will not be tradable because it's illegal data. They may be tradable if they are from the actual event or found in-game, but not when it's a code generated item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1