The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just been carrying it around, and it just seemed to happen sometime today (Since I just was able to use it now). It turns on fine and all, but it is highly obnoxious. Is there a way I can take a peak inside and just look at the power switch without having to disassemble it?

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it feels more like something is jamming it or out of place. It is just locking there and takes some force to actually move into the power position. To turn it off I have to move it back down and force it up again.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you carry it around put it in a case or something.

I have a hardcase which I use when i put it in my back pack with books etc. But for carrying it in my pocket its too bulky so I use a pouch that was for sunglasses that fits my ds snuggly protecting it from getting scratched by other items in my pocket and dirt getting into places like shoulder buttons and the power switch.

CPhantom

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Topfragger said:
same thing happened to mine i believe the spring mechanism broke.
That sounds like the most logical thing, and considering I am constantly turning my DS on and off, it is what probably happened.

Did you do anything about it? Or did you just leave it? I really don't wanna send into the company for repairs either. So yeah
hate2.gif

FunFan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me with the volume switch, I just took a tooth pick and got the dust out of it, it worked fine after that.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It happened to me after a schoolmate dropped my DS on the floor. I'd say it was the spring really. Well I sent it for repairs and had 30 days without a DS, ah well, now I'm "enjoying" another after my hinge broke.

@FunFan: I wouldn't say the volume slider is a switch, it's more like a slider and has a different mechanism than the spring based power switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: