Potential Way To Get MK8 Today! (UK)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by fojacko, May 29, 2014.

1. fojacko
    OP

fojacko GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    So, I was looking on GAME today and I noticed the download version of the game was available to buy (it says "Buy" not "Preorder"), now i would try it, but i already preordered the game and have no use for another copy.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/mario-kart-8-299301?categoryIdentifier=683236&catGroupId=

I'm not 100% sure if it'll work or if you'll just get an error when you try to redeem the code. But if you're in the UK and looking for the game a day early, it wouldn't hurt to try this, I doubt you'll find it in physical form a day early.

2. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Or y'know... we could wait till tomorrow. I really want to buy this but its 1 day to wait, if this was last week then i would of tried it but i doubt anyone is really that impatient that they cant wait for 24hours. I want the physical copy of the game anyway because it will have the code with it so i can register and get the other free wii-u game. (Im unsure how the code is delivered for a download version so i dont wanna risk not being able to get wind waker lol)

Cheers for the heads up tho!

3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Its automatically applied to your Nintendo account, so you can get the game you want right away (well you need to wait a while for the ninty server to update)

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    When I got my Pokemon X code a day early it just refused to register on the eShop until the game was officially released, so that'll probably happen here too.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    yep sorry pal that download code won't work until ninty actually unlock the game for download themselves on the eshop. and they won't do that untill after midnight (usually)

6. Essometer

Essometer GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    Got it yesterday from Media Markt.

7. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    i saw it in Saturn too, but im waiting for the eshop release ;P