Hacking Potential R4(i?) Gold Pro Issue

Filin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning! I am here because I am having an issue with a flashcart (more specifically, a ROM that I am running on this flashcart). The issue I am having is as follows: I am currently trying to run Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker on the R4 Gold Pro flashcart. However, when I tried to activate cheats for this game, it would boot up and go to the title screen--but as soon as I tried to load the game, it stayed stuck on the black screen. On the other hand, when I switched the cheats off, the game loaded normally. Does this have to do with the specific cheats I enabled for this game? Or is it that I enabled cheats AT ALL, which is why I get stuck on the black screen?

EDIT: I've ran some tests on Black Ace, and it isn't giving me these same problems. I can use cheats on this version with no problem.

Last edited by Filin,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good morning! I am here because I am having an issue with a flashcart (more specifically, a ROM that I am running on this flashcart). The issue I am having is as follows: I am currently trying to run Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker on the R4 Gold Pro flashcart. However, when I tried to activate cheats for this game, it would boot up and go to the title screen--but as soon as I tried to load the game, it stayed stuck on the black screen. On the other hand, when I switched the cheats off, the game loaded normally. Does this have to do with the specific cheats I enabled for this game? Or is it that I enabled cheats AT ALL, which is why I get stuck on the black screen?
Mhm, most likely you're using many cheays at once.
Or might need a special patch? Don't know, last time I played that game was in 2011.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
am currently trying to run Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker on the R4 Gold Pro flashcart. However, when I tried to activate cheats for this game, it would boot up and go to the title screen--but as soon as I tried to load the game, it stayed stuck on the black screen.
Hi. I have the same flashcart as you. You will experience that kind of problem in other games as well.
You should try a Dual-boot by adding YSMenu to the original kernel, using that if needed.
It also has its own cheat database.
The alternative is to play without cheats. :)

Filin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have the same flashcart as you. You will experience that kind of problem in other games as well.
You should try a Dual-boot by adding YSMenu to the original kernel, using that if needed.
It also has its own cheat database.
The alternative is to play without cheats. :)

The thing is, I am not having this problem with Black Ace. I originally tried this on the Twilight DS emulator I have installed on my New 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches